• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

103                      Phillips UCo

140                      Rogers Uco

145                      Gesell  UCo

171                      Duckworth  UCo

285                      Chalfant  Win

Uphaus from Centerville

These are the names I am familiar with that should be conference champs.  Can't think of the kid from Northeastern @ 160.  I am fairly new to the wrestling scene, but it is a wonderful sport to watch.  These kids deserve a lot of credit for what they do to be the best in their sport.  I tried it in high school--toughest thing I ever did was try to wrestle.

Fodrea from winchester will be tough to beat at 215.  The Northeastern 160 was very good last year, not sure of his name, and haven't heard much of him this year.  I think Winchester, Union County and Centerville will battle it out for the TEC title this year

It is true Pitbull.  UC suffered some forfeits that they normally would not have. BUT, Winchester flexed its muscle and won the matches.  Phillips, Duckworth, Rogers and Gesell all had impressive wins.  Chalfant is a beast and I can't see anyone matching him on strength.  There may be more technically sound wrestlers, but he can probably beat anyone on strength.

I agree Chalfant is the strongest heavy in the TEC, maybe even the state, but i disagree that he isn't the most technically sound heavy in the conference.  He has good technique, and has proved over the last two year that he can wrestle with anyone at the top level.  You can't place 2nd in the state at any weight on strentgh alone.  Chalfant is far and beyond the best heavy in the conference, and there are less than a handful of guys who can even give him a match

The big TEC tourney is at Union City this year on the 24th of jan. and the kid from Northeastern is Cody Becker  pretty sound Fundamental wrestler he wins 52 or 60 easily also don't forget about the Leeka's from TRi I heard the younger one got beat by Terhar any have the score of that one. The older one just might put a wrench in somebody's plans too I think. Anybody know actual weights for all the kids I know Union County's but if I know some of the other schools definates I can give you my picks .Tecpatriot I wrestled for 3 years at Harrison High in Ohio 8th through 10th grades and I can Honestly say toughest sport bar none with cross country taking a close second.Only 2 sports where I have witnessed several different athletes throw up after or during competition and not because they were sick with the flu or something.More later :)

The big TEC tourney is at Union City this year on the 24th of jan. and the kid from Northeastern is Cody Becker  pretty sound Fundamental wrestler he wins 52 or 60 easily also don't forget about the Leeka's from TRi I heard the younger one got beat by Terhar any have the score of that one. The older one just might put a wrench in somebody's plans too I think. Anybody know actual weights for all the kids I know Union County's but if I know some of the other schools definates I can give you my picks .Tecpatriot I wrestled for 3 years at Harrison High in Ohio 8th through 10th grades and I can Honestly say toughest sport bar none with cross country taking a close second.Only 2 sports where I have witnessed several different athletes throw up after or during competition and not because they were sick with the flu or something.More later :)

No way that cross country is as grueling as wrestling. What a crazy statement!

103 Phillips UnCo

112 Finley(if hes here)

119 Leeka

125 Sartain Hag

130 Still Open(someone help)

135 Leeka or Uphaus or Rogers

140Rogers or Sells

145 Gesell

152 Lincoln or Hag

160 Becker

171 Duck

189 Winchester

215 Winchester

HWt Winchester

Again, Winchester will run away with it. They are just alot deeper then every other team. Union Co. and Centerville will fight for 2nd. This is still one of the best tourneys, and am happy to get to be back. See averyone next week.

Jerry

Former 130 what part of a CLOSE SECOND don't you understand! I mean if I had to rank high school sports from toughest to weakest cross country is second in my opinion.Have you ever ran 3.1 miles as fast and as hard as you could up hills and through creeks until you puked.Like I said only other sport where I have seen several athletes totally exhausted and puking after it's over Tecpatriot back me up on this one. Little old Union County in the little old weak TEC conference(so it has been told to us by Former 130 on a different thread) has a kid who is just a frosh this year(that means he's a freshman in high school Former)that has won numerous national events in his age division and also a marathon that was televised in Indy and the announcers thought he was in college when he came down the home stretch you should of seen their faces when he told them he was only 14. You will hear alot about this fine young man in the years to come.I won't give you his name but we all know him as T.J. and if your game Former strap on your running shoes and give this kid your best shot and if you can keep up I'm sure you will find that cross country can be pretty darn grueling and you will have earned the right to call my statements crazy you don't even have to win just keep up.My moneys on T.J.

Former 130 what part of a CLOSE SECOND don't you understand! I mean if I had to rank high school sports from toughest to weakest cross country is second in my opinion.Have you ever ran 3.1 miles as fast and as hard as you could up hills and through creeks until you puked.Like I said only other sport where I have seen several athletes totally exhausted and puking after it's over Tecpatriot back me up on this one. Little old Union County in the little old weak TEC conference(so it has been told to us by Former 130 on a different thread) has a kid who is just a frosh this year(that means he's a freshman in high school Former)that has won numerous national events in his age division and also a marathon that was televised in Indy and the announcers thought he was in college when he came down the home stretch you should of seen their faces when he told them he was only 14. You will hear alot about this fine young man in the years to come.I won't give you his name but we all know him as T.J. and if your game Former strap on your running shoes and give this kid your best shot and if you can keep up I'm sure you will find that cross country can be pretty darn grueling and you will have earned the right to call my statements crazy you don't even have to win just keep up.My moneys on T.J.

I have ran cross country and in my opinion it isn't in the same league as wrestling.  Yes I agree its not an easy sport but when you pair it against wrestling it doesn't come close to comparing. Wrestlers have to go through so much more. It's a 1 on 1 sport not to mention you have to use every muscle in your body not to mention cutting weight the grueling practices.

Here are my picks

103 Phillips  Un. Co.(The kids a machine Don't see anyone testing him until regional)

112 Findley Un. Co.(repeats if he wrestles like I know he's capable of wrestling)

119Terhaar W

125 LeekaT

130 Simmons W

135UphausCV(This one really is a very tough choice for me because Rogers wrestled in my youth program at Talawanda Ohio and his father is a very good friend of mine and Rogers is probably Duck's best friend but we have also known the Uphaus gang for about 5 years now and they are good friends too.Uphaus won the first time Rogers the second Uphaus wins this time and Rogers the next (at regional LOL)no good luck to both these outstanding young men My pick is Uphaus but I'll be rooting for Rogers and I hope my pick ignites a spark in Rogers to prove his old youth coach wrong)

140Leeka T

145 Gesell Un.Co. (Hands down favorite)

152Becker N.E. (easily)

160RichardsonCV

171BradburnUn city

189Abstaining(Bad Karma)

215Fodrea W

Hwy Do I really have to tell you O.K. Chalfant W(Arthur is maybe and that is just a maybe the only one I see standing in the way of a state title for this beast amongst boys go get em Adam and make this little old conference folk proud.) By the way why didn't your brother wrestle  this year ? Also I seen the fear in your eyes when Lumpy stepped out on the mat last night ;D LOL

Sounds like someone doesn't like cross country!  I won't go on any rants but I would have to agree with UCDad that  it would be A CLOSE SECOND (not as much)

You have far greater knowledge than I when it comes to tec wrestling, thus your picks look great.  Only thing I would say different is that it will probably be semi state before Cody gets a test and probably Duck as well.  Chalfant more like the state finals.

UC DAD I think your picks look pretty good too.

Glad someone has some knowledge of the TEC.

103 --Phillips  Un. Co.

112 --Findley Un. Co

119--Leeka T

125--Sartain H

130-- Simmons W

135--Sells Un. Ci.

140--Millsaps Cv

145-- Gesell Un.Co.

152--Wilkey T

160--Becker N.E.

171--Duckworth Un Co

189--Rosson W

215--Fodrea W

HwT--Chalfant W

I will say after the season has unfolded that it will be

Union County--1st

Winchester--2nd

Tri--3rd

Centerville--4th

Hagerstown--5th

Northeastern--6th

Union City--7th

Lincoln--8th (I haven't seen them though?)  Let me know what they have or if they have a full team

Looks like some good picks have been made.  I'm looking  forward to sitting in the stands and watching to see how things unfold team wise.  I'd say Winchester will be the team to beat.  I wouldn't count Centerville out.  They stayed in the top 10 at Spartan Classic alot longer than I expected.  Nor would I  leave Tri out of the mix. They'll be alot better at this point than they showed at seasons start.  My bias towards Union Co. clouds my judgement, but I know they'll be vowing for top honors as well.  Centerville will be at Union Co. tonight.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.