best in the TEC

PITBULL

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That would have been a good one to see.

Did Winchester look good?

I saw the score, surprised me.  I thought Union County would have beat Winchester.

Phillips and Duckworth both look very good this year.

Have only seen Chalfant twice, but he looked bigger this year than he did last year.

I think a few of the team came over to Win to watch what was suppose to be a good match.  Win didn't let it turn out that way.  But, like I said before, where else could you go and watch 3 potential state champs in one night?

Who were the 3 potential state champs? I got Chalfant but who else?

103- Cody "Nevermind" Phillips

112- Findley

119- Leeka

125- Sartain

130-Simmons

135- Uphaus---Tougher schedule will have him more prepared

140-Rogers

145-Gesell

152- Toss Up but Schneider already beat tri correct?

160- Becker ---Tough Kid

171- Michael Duckworth

189/215- I haven't seen either of these weight classes very closely so I guess Winchester guys look solid plus they practice with Chalfant

275- Chalfant

O and comparing Cross Country to Wrestling (from a college view)...Wrestling is the toughest but Cross Country is indeed a close second. Now some don't take it seriously in high school (guilty here) but good runners put in hours of intense workouts and put their bodies through a lot of physical tests.

Also...runners take ice baths after every practice---that is torture.

I think a few of the team came over to Win to watch what was suppose to be a good match.  Win didn't let it turn out that way.  But, like I said before, where else could you go and watch 3 potential state champs in one night?

Who were the 3 potential state champs? I got Chalfant but who else?

103  Cody Phillips    171 Duckworth    285  Chalfant 

UC 41 CV 33

103 uc by fall

112uc by fall

119cv by forfeit

125cv by fall

130uc by fall

135uc  rogers dec.cv uphaus 5-4

140uc by tech

145uc by fall

152cv by fall

160uc by dec

171uc by fall

189 cv by dec

215 cv by forfeit

hwy cv by fall

Congrats to UC.  Sounds like a good match.

Rogers beat Uphaus?  wow!!!!way to go rogers.

Centerville has some attitude problems.  They have for years, and their head coach doesn't ever do anything about it.

I can't believe that kid was upset.  Did he honestly think he could beat Duck.  There isnt' anyone in a 60 mile radius that could touch Duckworth or Phillips.

Any seeding yet or brackets for the conference tourney?

It was a goood match.  Several Union Co. wrestlers stepped it up last night.  Can honestly say I was delighted.  Rogers has really come on in the last few matches.  I think it started at North Centrals invite.  He wrestled his smartest match last night against a quality wrestler.  Jackson Schneider, Mike Ward, and Jake Hall all showed up  with game faces on.  It was good to see Findley up to his standard again @112.

As far as Centervilles attitude goes, maybe he thought he almost had him.

I don't think Uphaus could believe it either.  My wife was taking tickets down near the Centerville bench and could hear the language.  He was upset as you would imagine.  Uphaus is a tremendous wrestler, but Rogers had his number last night.  It should make for one heck of a rematch at conference next week.

I  agree about the rematch at conference, if it  happens.  I've already heard scuttlebutt about where  some  wrestlers will be at conference.  I don't know when the seedings take place but it would be great if the brackets were posted soon there after.

Centervilles attitude problem has been around for years, and its not only that the coach doesn't do anything about it, but he may have the worst sportsmanship on the entire team.  I'm not trying to offend him, or anyone else on that team, but when a team has attitude problems throughout many years, and not just a few guys, it has to come from somewhere.

Last night I thought I heard someone say Centerville and Winchester were gonna go at it next week.  Can I get the info, when and where please.  I'd like to think that Union Co. just had a bad show against Winchester.  Maybe their dual with Centerville will clarify.

I think WC has already wrestled Centerville and beat them pretty good.

I also think it is at Winchester...don't know when or anything like that??

I would like to know too if possible.

I agree that their coach has the worst attitude of anyone on that team.  He doesn't seem to really step up and take control or discipline anyone for their actions.  Not good for that school, because they get the BAD rep because of their coaches and wrestlers actions.

I really didn't see the C'ville coach doing anything but I am kind of new to the wrestling scene.  My earlier comments were in reference to some trash talk during football season.  Apparently there were a lot of comments made to Duckworth everytime he got tackled.  UCdad can back me up on this.  Duck has a good memory.

By the way, Centervilles Mr. attitude plays basketball.

In the past, Centerville is not a team that sticks out with bad attitude problems and UC and Centerville had some pretty heated matches and great matchups. Ethan Uphaus and I (back and forth battle)hated to lose and I'm sure that it looked like we didn't get along right after one of us lost but we were and to this day are good friends. Anyways, the main goal is to discuss Wrestling...not attitudes that people think others have based on the mat and who they are as a person. I understand it is human nature to judge but lets be beyond that.

Jason Ray

You are so right Jason.  Everyone hates to lose.  Especially when you guys work so hard at your sport.  It is a tough pill to swallow.  I don't think I would have acted any differently than any of the boys I watched Thursday night.  It wasn't that bad.  Just competitive kids letting it all go. 

Sure I understand what you are saying I dont' me to offend anyone.

But all I am saying is that when a kid storms off and leaves his team, throws a temper tantrum, and curses at wrestlers or fans then that is not right.  We as fans and other teams dont' need that.

Yes losing bites the big one, we all know that, but not everything in life is going to go like we want it.  Lose like a man, Win like a man.  There is no need to make a big scence.  Makes you look like a baby and doesn't make your team or coaching staff. 

Life isn't full of winning all the time.  We all lose something, someone, or everything.  Let's not let our kids and wrestlers think that it is ok to act out like they do now.  Lose and act respectful.  If you are losing that means you need to work harder not throw a fit.

Just thought I would let you know why I think it is disrespectful and humilitating to watch wrestlers that cry and throw things and storm off and slam doors when they lose. 

Losing happens!

I wasn't meaning to offend anyone either.  Just some input commenting on another persons post.  I cannot personally judge what happened because i was not there, but from my experience wrestling cville in high school, it doesn't at all surprise me.  If any of our guys stormed off the mat or didn't even shake the other coaches hand for that matter, we regretted it the next practice

Ok, lets move on and get back to some predictions, guesses and pick some favorites to take conference.  Any sleepers that might step up and suprise??

Mine is Rogers defeating Uphaus at 135 again.  I think once he did it, he knows it can be done again.

I agree, lets get back to the wrestling.  I've seen three championship lineups, and pretty much agree with most the picks.  I'd like to see some talk about where individuals may change weight classes to better their chances or their team chances at conference.  Will Uphaus and Rogers both be at 135.  Will Leeka, the elder, be there also.  What about 152 and 140?  There doesn't seem to be a sure pick at these weights.

Also, my question still stands.  Does winchester and Centerville dual next week?  When and where?

Yeah that was pretty much the story that I got from the boys after the football game Tecpatriot I think that was probably their strategy going into the game to try to ruffle duck's feathers so to speak.Problem is is that Mike like Me doesn't get to excited to often I told Mike to talk some smack back when He wrestled Fletcher back at the spartan classic but Mike decided not to He just did his job shook hands and moved on.I was probably more proud of him for that then I was for him winning the tourney because I felt He showed more class that way(more than me even)They said that coach Day was even talking the wrestling smack during the football game but that was just hear say from the boys and I was in the stands that night.After Mike's run at conseco last year Coach Day had nothing but good things to say about Mike on the old forum and for that I am forever grateful to the man I have probably spoke less than 10 words to Coach Day and do not know him personally but I can say this My dealings with him have always been pleasant.Also I have gotten to know a few of the Centerville families in my years that I have been involved with this great sport such as Dana and Jeff Uphaus, Mrs.Cook Tom Rohe,Daryl King and his brother Dallas from Hagerstown and can tell you they are all first class people.Heck Tom and Daryl were the first guys who introduced Mike to freestyle wrestling when he joined their club back in 4th grade.And you know how the saying goes summer wrestling makes for winter champions so I would have to say that centerville wrestling has played a big role in Mike's success as well as a few other quality wrestlers that came from and will continue to come from Union County.And last as conference rivalry's go things sometimes get heated up when we do battle in whatever sport and thats just the nature of the competetive beast. There are people from Union County (me included I can't believe that I'm admitting this)that act just as bad as people from Centerville, Winchester, Tri, or wherever when they get caught up in the excitement of the moment and thats O.K.they're just being competetive.If we didn't have these type of people  (like me) It would make the world a pretty dull place.But I can tell you this as far as wrestling fans in the Tec go when it comes time for the run to state we cheer for all the kids no matter what school they come from and it's always been that way and will continue to be I will Cheer and root just as hard for Adam Chalfant and any other kid out of the TEC just as I would for Mike and did so for kids like Glisson, Pipenger, Brown,and Rohe and King in the past.And I know they pulled for our kids too.That's one of the things that makes this little conference  so great.So if you want  to get me involved in a Pi$$ing match with Centerville you can count me and mine out.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.