Toughest Regional

I second the LaPorte regional. Very tough every year. As far as the Merrillville Semi State feeders i'd put LaPorte number 1 and then the SB Regional and Calumet about equal, and Logansport regional 4th. All 4 combine though for a very rough semi-state

Any love to the south ;D  Castle is always  "the meat grinder" every year bringing the meat is Castle, Mater Dei, Reitz, Memorial, Princeton, Gibson Southern, North Posey and others.

Add Mt. Vernon (Posey) to that regional.  You will have ranked HWT and 215 wrestlers in the mix with those mentioned above.  Mt. Vernon is honorable mention.  Is Jasper in the Castle regional as well?

I'm biased again but Pendleton  Heights has a ton of 5A Schools and is tough to get through. Along with Cathedral, Lawrence North, North Central, Lawrence Central, Anderson Highland, Noblesville, Hamilton Heights, there are some tough smaller schools as well.

I don't really know where the toughest is right now, but back in the day it had to be Crown Point with  Hobart, Portage, Chesterton (when they were really good) and Merrillville were the main dogs there.  Am I forgetting any other big schools?  Throw in some very good individuals from schools like Hanover Central, Lowell, KV, Rensselaer, Lake Station and others and it was a real fight to get out of there. 

Based on the same number crunching I did for determining the toughest SemiState (another thread) I have the top based on # of top 10 guys:

#1 - Pendleton Hgts

- Perry Meridian

#3 - Jay County

#4 - LaPorte

- Mooresville

#6 - Castle

#7 - SB Clay

#8 - Calumet

#9 - Goshen

#10 - Richmond

There's also a 3 way tie for the weakest with only 2 ranked guys each - Jeffersonville, Peru, Logansport

LaPorte Regional....You got Portage, Crown Point, Chesterton and Lowell there who all always have strong individuals members as well as in recent years the tough wrestlers Hanover Central has produced.

I have to agree ! There is alot of tough regionals in the state but I think Laportes slightly edges the others !

Any love to the south ;D  Castle is always  "the meat grinder" every year bringing the meat is Castle, Mater Dei, Reitz, Memorial, Princeton, Gibson Southern, North Posey and others.

Add Mt. Vernon (Posey) to that regional.  You will have ranked HWT and 215 wrestlers in the mix with those mentioned above.  Mt. Vernon is honorable mention.  Is Jasper in the Castle regional as well?

NO Jasper is not in that regionals but this is definitly the hardest regional and it is 95 percent of the time it has REitz, Mater Dei, CAstle, Princeton, Memorial, and Mt. Vernon 

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.