September 11-12, 2021
*Registration coming in July*
Brackets and Streaming
The Plex South
5702 Engle Rd
Fort Wayne, IN 46804
Saturday September 11th from 1:00-3:00 pm EST
Wrestling Session 1
Weights: 109, 129, 148, and 173
Saturday September 11th from 5:00-9:00 pm EST
Wrestling Session 2
Weights: 116, 135, 155, 198, and 288
Sunday September 12th from 9:00 am-1:00 pm EST
Wrestling Session 3
Weights: 123, 141, 163, 185, and 223
Sunday September 12th from 1:00-6:00 pm EST
Saturday September 11th *Time TBD*
*Note: No weight change fee
- No Satellite Weigh-ins
- Weigh-ins will be in a singlet or NFHS approved two-piece uniform
- $40 Registration by September 8th at 10:00pm EST or 750 paid entries, whichever comes first.
- No membership card is required to wrestle
- You must pay online by credit card ONLY!
- Per TrackWrestling policy there will be no refunds of paid entries. If the event is canceled due to COVID-19 we will issue refunds to everyone.
- Online registration ONLY will be accepted this year. Registration will be cut off at the first 750 paid entries or September 9th at 10pm EST whichever comes first. Please note we had had around 650 preregistered entries the past four years and we sold out the past two years.
- The Tournament Committee will retain the right to add up to an additional 25 wrestlers, at their discretion, via a petition process, after the entry cutoff. Information about the petition process will be posted within a day after registration closes.
Once we reach the entry limit registration will be shut down. After that point the ONLY way to enter is through a petition.
Tournament Gear and Apparel
3X Gear is the official gear distributor for the IndianaMat Hoosier Preseason Open. They will be on hand with a full selection of tournament apparel and other wrestling apparel and supplies.
$15 per person
Students currently enrolled in 7th-12th grades will be wrestling in one division.
Top 4 will receive medals and the top 4 will qualify for Super 32 early entry
-Wrestling will take place on Saturday September 11th and Sunday September 12th, 2021
-Weight Classes: High School: 109, 116, 123, 129, 135, 141, 148, 155, 163, 173, 185, 198, 223, 288
-Wrestlers in 7th-12th grade may participate
-Double elimination wrestle-backs to 4th place
-Period lengths 2-1-1 Championship 1-1-1 Consolation
-Overtime will be 1 minute sudden victory neutral and 30 second rideout
-We will seed 4-16 wrestlers so please include your state or national credentials when registering
-2020/2021 NFHS rules will be utilized, except the overtime modification
-Wrestling will be on full mats
-Singlet or approved NFHS uniform is required
-College out of bounds rules will be utilized.
-Headgear is not required, but recommended
-Mouthpieces are required if you have braces
-Wrestlers need to be clean shaven when they step on the mat, long hair is allowed.
We will offer a special college coaches package for $50. Please follow this link to preregister in advance.
You may pay in advance or pay if you are not attending the event and want the entry database using this button
The package will include:
- Registration list of all high school aged wrestlers with name, address, grade, weight and accomplishments*
- Admission to the tournament and floor access for up to two coaches.
- Preliminary entry list sent after registration closes
*Tournament entry information with addresses and contact information will be sent the week after the event and will have all high school aged wrestlers that opted to have information released to coaches.
2020 Results(707 wrestlers from 16 states)
2019 Results(610 wrestlers from 11 states)
2018 Results(605 wrestlers from 12 states)
2017 Results(597 wrestlers from 10 states)
2016 Results(647 wrestlers from 11 states)
2015 Results(580 wrestlers from 11 states)
2014 Results(586 wrestlers from 14 states)
2013 Results(598 wrestlers from 10 states)
2012 Results(444 wrestlers from 8 states)
2011 Results(254 wrestlers from 9 states)
2010 Results(171 wrestlers from 9 states)
Regarding Coaching at the IHPO
15-2 During School Year Out-of-Season
15-2.1 Individual Sports (Cross Country, Golf, Gymnastics, Swimming, Tennis, Track, Wrestling)
a. Students may participate in non-school contests as individuals or as members of a non-school team in non-school contests provided that participation during school time is approved by the school principal or his/her designee.
b. Coaches, from a member school coaching staff, may coach students in that sport if NOT under the organization, supervision and operation of the member school.
c. Member schools may not organize, supervise or operate athletic practices or interschool athletic contests.
d. Member schools may not provide school-owned uniforms (jerseys, shirts, shorts, pants, singlets, or swimsuits, etc.) worn by the student in non-school contests.