Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
WadeDuPont

Team State Qualifying

Recommended Posts

The IHSWCA should create a survey through survey monkey, then send the link to all head coaches. The results should be published for review by all coaches, then decisions can be made based on the said results. What are some of the questions that should be asked in regards to team state? I'll start.

1. Why do we include teams with less than 7 wrestlers that have no chance of winning a dual?

Next...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here are the teams with 3-6 wrestlers on their sectional roster and their placement in the team state standings. I doubt they care because there is no way they can make it into the event.

Northeastern 1A 67
Providence 1A 70
Indianapolis Lutheran 1A 76
Cowan 1A 78
Wood Memorial 1A 88
Providence Cristo Rey 1A 89
New Washington 1A 90
Forest Park 1A 92
Covington 1A 93
Bremen 1A 94
Randolph Southern 1A 97
Pioneer 1A 98
Wapahani 1A 99
Taylor 1A 100
Tri-County 1A 101
     
Hammond 2A 71
Salem 2A 89
Western Boone 2A 90
Knox 2A 93
Eastbrook 2A 94
Indianapolis Emmerich Manual 2A 95
Blackford 2A 96
Brebeuf Jesuit Preparatory 2A 98
Gary West Side 2A 99
Mishawaka Marian 2A 100

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Y2CJ41 said:

Teams that have 6 or less wrestlers don't care about being included. I would guess they don't even look at the scores because they can't qualify.

When we have our first team with only 6 wrestlers and they all win state maybe we can include them in the discussion.

As a team that only had 6 this year at sectional, you guess wrong.  I use it to motivate the kids I have and as a marketing tool to continue to get more.  Exclusion or the perception of exclusion will only hurt small schools trying to build up.

Edited by randalllynch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Y2CJ41 said:

Here are the teams with 3-6 wrestlers on their sectional roster and their placement in the team state standings. I doubt they care because there is no way they can make it into the event.

Northeastern 1A 67
Providence 1A 70
Indianapolis Lutheran 1A 76
Cowan 1A 78
Wood Memorial 1A 88
Providence Cristo Rey 1A 89
New Washington 1A 90
Forest Park 1A 92
Covington 1A 93
Bremen 1A 94
Randolph Southern 1A 97
Pioneer 1A 98
Wapahani 1A 99
Taylor 1A 100
Tri-County 1A 101
     
Hammond 2A 71
Salem 2A 89
Western Boone 2A 90
Knox 2A 93
Eastbrook 2A 94
Indianapolis Emmerich Manual 2A 95
Blackford 2A 96
Brebeuf Jesuit Preparatory 2A 98
Gary West Side 2A 99
Mishawaka Marian 2A 100

Couldn’t you say the same for the teams in the bottom let’s say 50 (it’s probably closer to teams not in the top 30)?  They really don’t stand a chance of making it, why count them?  I’m sure they don’t care about their score.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, buscowrestling said:

Couldn’t you say the same for the teams in the bottom let’s say 50 (it’s probably closer to teams not in the top 30)?  They really don’t stand a chance of making it, why count them?  I’m sure they don’t care about their score.

They have a chance based on the number of entries. Anyone with less than 7 entries cannot get into the event even with all state champions returning with MAX points.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All I can say I’d look at Randall’s post. You might feel he is wasting his time, I don’t. I don’t think exclusion of any team is good for the growth of our sport. Again I think if we feel that the classes need changed going with a cap on number of kids per school to determine the class is a more efficient, and inclusive way to determine the classes.

Edited by buscowrestling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, buscowrestling said:

Couldn’t you say the same for the teams in the bottom let’s say 50 (it’s probably closer to teams not in the top 30)?  They really don’t stand a chance of making it, why count them?  I’m sure they don’t care about their score.

That's a good point.    Less than 12% of teams are going to  make the  team state tournament.   So whats the difference if you have 3 wrestlers or if you have 14, but those14 cant score enough points to get there.    The 3 wrester team  was out the beginning, but 70% of the teams are out after regionals.  And if your'e basing the qualifying score on this years team, its totally irrelevant of how many wrestlers they have next year.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, buscowrestling said:

All I can say I’d look at Randall’s post. You might feel he is wasting his time, I don’t. I don’t think exclusion of any team is good for the growth of our sport. Again I think if we feel that the classes need changed going with a cap on number of kids per school to determine the class is a more efficient, and inclusive way to determine the classes.

That's great, you can put points with a team. Just take them out of counting for classification. They have NO shot at making the event, you are watering down the tournament with that.

I know how you don't want our tournament watered down, right?

Ohh wait if watering it down gives your team a better shot at being invited it is fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Y2CJ41 said:

That's great, you can put points with a team. Just take them out of counting for classification. They have NO shot at making the event, you are watering down the tournament with that.

I know how you don't want our tournament watered down, right?

Ohh wait if watering it down gives your team a better shot at being invited it is fine.

Foiled my master plans again!!!!!  Your getting good at making stuff up in your head and throwing it out there.  It’s not possible that I vote the way on this issue because of the reasons I stated earlier, and have stated every time this comes up.  

You guys always ask why people don’t explain themselves on the forum.  It might be because every time we do people make up things in their mind and throw random accusations at you.

Edited by buscowrestling
Spelling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TripleB said:

Look at Joe man, he used to be the champion for small schools... you should be ashamed... look at what going to a large private school has done to you... 

 

We will be again someday as long as we can keep the teams with lots of forfeits in the selection process!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, buscowrestling said:

Foiled my master plans again!!!!!  Your getting good at making stuff up in your head and throwing it out there.  It’s not possible that I vote the way on this issue because of the reasons I stated earlier, and have stated every time this comes up.  

You guys always ask why people don’t explain themselves on the forum.  It might be because every time we do people make up things in their mind and throw random accusations at you.

True or false

Adding teams that have no legitimate shot of making the event waters downs the classes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Y2CJ41 said:

True or false

Adding teams that have no legitimate shot of making the event waters downs the classes.

True

Your turn- which more accurately represents every team in the state?

A. Everyteam in the state that has wrestling.

B. Everyteam in the state- except for 17 or so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.