Chattanooga visits the Hoosiers

Friday night dual. Indiana trying to get and keep wrestlers healthy. I know hey want a W here, for bragging rights, but if they need to rest guys this is the one to do it. That goes for Chattanooga also. The Big tournament is around the corner at Maryland this year. With the available starters for both teams , 20-15 with 5 matches each.  Indiana on bonus points. 

On 2/20/2024 at 5:33 AM, Disco said:

Friday night dual. Indiana trying to get and keep wrestlers healthy. I know hey want a W here, for bragging rights, but if they need to rest guys this is the one to do it. That goes for Chattanooga also. The Big tournament is around the corner at Maryland this year. With the available starters for both teams , 20-15 with 5 matches each.  Indiana on bonus points. 

Will we see an Evansville semi-state special--Boarman vs. Rooks--at 133?

Who knows anymore. So many things play into setting up the best possible scenario ,post regular season, for your wrestlers. They don’t always wrestle each match. 

3 hours ago, ReformedPoster said:

Boarman is quietly putting together a nice season.  Chatt is showing his record at 16-4, with 4 MD, 5 TF and 4 pins.  Interested to see how he does against a big 10 opponent.

He's right in the mix for earning his conference a 133 automatic quota slot. If so, even if he's a narrow miss at conference; he'll be in a great position to be selected to go to NCAAs.

1 hour ago, ReformedPoster said:

Boarman cracked the rankings. He's ranked 33rd at 133

More importantly, the coaches' ranking already had him #25 and he was RPI #28. Those numbers would earn the conference an extra automatic bid and position him very well for getting into NCAAs either by auto bid or at-large selection.

15 hours ago, Disco said:

Anyone give IU a chance tomorrow?

Both teams at full health, IU by 5 to 8. With IU so up and down, it's more like a coin flip. But with home advantage and some senior night juice meaning IU is less likely than Chattanooga to do late-season resting of guys, I'll guess IU by 5.

Something has been up with Washington since the mid point of the season.  He seems to have lost his aggressive style.  I know his aggressive from the start style seemed to always gas him but he could usually rack up a bunch of points before fading.

8 hours ago, nk140 said:

Something has been up with Washington since the mid point of the season.  He seems to have lost his aggressive style.  I know his aggressive from the start style seemed to always gas him but he could usually rack up a bunch of points before fading.

You are right, and it’s obvious something is amiss. But Angel keeps putting him out there.  So I am not thinking it is physical Too late to make any switches . Pretty sad to say the least.