NC SEMI STATE PREVIEW

106 - this is shoettles weight this kid is a stud and he WALKS through this bracket.

Jonny bissmeyer of Indy CHS gives him his closest match of the day.

113 - Bradyn Volz makes his presence KNOWN and takes GOLD. Many will know his name after Saturday this kid is a young STUD.

he will take on the victor of a tough ticket between Reyes and bayliss. I suspect Reyes prevails.

120 chase yant brings home the Gold medal After potentially his toughest match of the day with Perry Meridians RJ taylor.

upset alert? Look out for Ezra fye - he will not go down without a fight in his likely ticket round matchup with FC’s Rich rodgers:

126 Cathedrals Bragg takes home gold after a semis thriller with broady and wins a tough battle with returning placer “Butt” of New pal.

132 Tylin Thrine electrifies his home crowd as he hits postseason stride. Looking for fireworks as he meats common foe, cam Volz in the finals.

Jack Davis of Bishop wins a couple matches by fall and cruises for bronze 

138 oh boy do we have ourselves a ticket round match In whitehead vs Hornsby 

these two have an electrifying style matchup and I plan to have my buttery popcorn ready for this one 

Winner likely finds themselves a date with Warren Central JUGGERNAUT KYRELLLLL LEAVALLLL

144 Another Warren Central WARRIOR finds his way to the finals for a finals matchup that I am ready to watch 

Indy cathedrals DYLAN GHRAHAM looks to avenge an early season loss 

flip a coin on this matchup - I’ll take “the luck of the Irish” in a close one

150 - #4 Jacob weaver finds himself in a TOUGH ticket round match with roncallis Getz 

Getz injury defaults out of regionals to 4th and weaver loses by fall in a match in which he was searching for a technical fall….

the beauty of the regional! Now these two studs battle for a trip to THE FORD CENTER

hamilton heights fettig is a tough out - look for him to surprise some people and take home gold this weekend

silas foster meets freshman standout Aidan Kincaide of Noblesville in the semis 

I suspect foster is hungry after two straight losses to Warrens Anthony Cashman 

foster puts up a great fight but I’m giving the edge to Warrens CASH MONEY MAN

Waylon Cressell of Warren might not drip a single drop of sweat this weekend 

He might win this thing blindfolded, respectfully! 

This weight intrigues me! Is Kyle harden back to health? What can we expect out of this young stud? 

If healthy, I’ve got him in a 2 point match over Warrens Brenton Russell….

but I am not sure that he IS healthy… I’m intrigued to find out

190 FIREWORKS IN THE TICKET ROUND 

Penola of zville vs Guenin of GC! what a matchup…. 

I’ll stick with my guns and take Penola in a close one 

Penola waltzes to the finals for a REMATCHHH with Rossvilles UNDEFEATED  WEAVER

Penola is my state champion pick. I’ll take him in an electrifying finals. Penola with  last second takedown for the win!

This could easily be the best weight in the semi state - I could see all FOUR advancements taking home a medal in Evansville 

Weingart vs Glass ticket will be a close one

weingart is probably the light betting favorite heading into this matchup 

Woodall vs Kendrex 

Weingart vs BRANDON JOHNSON of LN

flip a cube… I have no idea who comes away with Gold at the 215

THE BIG BOY RUMBLEEEE 

In one of the most intriguing ticket round matchups of the tournament, Cathedrals Hosia Smith finds himself in a matchup that he has seen major issues with in the past 

Jacob McClure looks to defend his early season victories and I’ll take him for a victory for the third time this year over smith

HOWEVER - IF SMITH makes the leap and comes away with a victory - I suspect he wins New castle, and makes a RUN at a state title in Evansville. This is a matchup you do not want to miss. 

Hastings of Noblesville looks to make a statement as well. This is an athletic big man. 

Best of luck to all competing at the new castle Semi State! And happy spectating WRESTLING FANS

12 hours ago, Johnpsulions said:

106 - this is shoettles weight this kid is a stud and he WALKS through this bracket.

Jonny bissmeyer of Indy CHS gives him his closest match of the day.

113 - Bradyn Volz makes his presence KNOWN and takes GOLD. Many will know his name after Saturday this kid is a young STUD.

he will take on the victor of a tough ticket between Reyes and bayliss. I suspect Reyes prevails.

120 chase yant brings home the Gold medal After potentially his toughest match of the day with Perry Meridians RJ taylor.

upset alert? Look out for Ezra fye - he will not go down without a fight in his likely ticket round matchup with FC’s Rich rodgers:

126 Cathedrals Bragg takes home gold after a semis thriller with broady and wins a tough battle with returning placer “Butt” of New pal.

132 Tylin Thrine electrifies his home crowd as he hits postseason stride. Looking for fireworks as he meats common foe, cam Volz in the finals.

Jack Davis of Bishop wins a couple matches by fall and cruises for bronze 

138 oh boy do we have ourselves a ticket round match In whitehead vs Hornsby 

these two have an electrifying style matchup and I plan to have my buttery popcorn ready for this one 

Winner likely finds themselves a date with Warren Central JUGGERNAUT KYRELLLLL LEAVALLLL

144 Another Warren Central WARRIOR finds his way to the finals for a finals matchup that I am ready to watch 

Indy cathedrals DYLAN GHRAHAM looks to avenge an early season loss 

flip a coin on this matchup - I’ll take “the luck of the Irish” in a close one

150 - #4 Jacob weaver finds himself in a TOUGH ticket round match with roncallis Getz 

Getz injury defaults out of regionals to 4th and weaver loses by fall in a match in which he was searching for a technical fall….

the beauty of the regional! Now these two studs battle for a trip to THE FORD CENTER

hamilton heights fettig is a tough out - look for him to surprise some people and take home gold this weekend

silas foster meets freshman standout Aidan Kincaide of Noblesville in the semis 

I suspect foster is hungry after two straight losses to Warrens Anthony Cashman 

foster puts up a great fight but I’m giving the edge to Warrens CASH MONEY MAN

Waylon Cressell of Warren might not drip a single drop of sweat this weekend 

He might win this thing blindfolded, respectfully! 

This weight intrigues me! Is Kyle harden back to health? What can we expect out of this young stud? 

If healthy, I’ve got him in a 2 point match over Warrens Brenton Russell….

but I am not sure that he IS healthy… I’m intrigued to find out

190 FIREWORKS IN THE TICKET ROUND 

Penola of zville vs Guenin of GC! what a matchup…. 

I’ll stick with my guns and take Penola in a close one 

Penola waltzes to the finals for a REMATCHHH with Rossvilles UNDEFEATED  WEAVER

Penola is my state champion pick. I’ll take him in an electrifying finals. Penola with  last second takedown for the win!

This could easily be the best weight in the semi state - I could see all FOUR advancements taking home a medal in Evansville 

Weingart vs Glass ticket will be a close one

weingart is probably the light betting favorite heading into this matchup 

Woodall vs Kendrex 

Weingart vs BRANDON JOHNSON of LN

flip a cube… I have no idea who comes away with Gold at the 215

THE BIG BOY RUMBLEEEE 

In one of the most intriguing ticket round matchups of the tournament, Cathedrals Hosia Smith finds himself in a matchup that he has seen major issues with in the past 

Jacob McClure looks to defend his early season victories and I’ll take him for a victory for the third time this year over smith

HOWEVER - IF SMITH makes the leap and comes away with a victory - I suspect he wins New castle, and makes a RUN at a state title in Evansville. This is a matchup you do not want to miss. 

Hastings of Noblesville looks to make a statement as well. This is an athletic big man. 

Best of luck to all competing at the new castle Semi State! And happy spectating WRESTLING FANS

Agree with you at 106, this is Peyton Schoettle's bracket to lose. He beat Heather Crull by a point in the first round last year, I expect a major decision or fall in the championship this time around.

At 113, Bradyn Volz has flown under the radar all year. It's criminal that he is unranked in the semi-state. He will show that rankings don't matter and win this bracket with a thrilling victory over little Getz in the finals.

Moving to 120, Chayce Yant -- after suffering a narrow ticket-round loss to Eli Broady last year -- will roll to a semi-state title.

Killer B's at 126. Bragg, Butt, Broady go top 3, couldn't agree with you more.

At the 132, the phenom Tylin Thrine has three wins over Cameron Volz this season, all by four points or less. Can Volz get over the hump? Give me Thrine, Volz, Davis, Kuhn.

138 bracket is Kyrel's to lose, and let me put it this way, AIN'T HAPPENIN'. Who comes out on the other side? The winner of Whitehead-Hornsby Part III likely has a date with Chatard's Bustamante in the semis.

Jumping to 144, Dillon Graham is wrestling with confidence after sticking Jack Todd's shoulder blades to the mat at regionals. He's dropped two close decisions to Arberry of Warren Central, expect those two to clash in the championship for another tight one.

Is there a more open weight class than 150 at New Castle? Maybe 113, 215 or HWT have something to say about this, but I like Fettig on a much less challenging side of the bracket to steam into the finals. Getz-Weaver and Stevenson-Adams on the top half in the ticket round could spark fireworks. I like Weaver to bounce back after a stunning loss at regionals with three hard-earned wins over Getz, Adams and Fettig.

For a third straight week at 157, Anthony Cashman and Silas Foster will meet with a championship on the line. Foster won their first matchup early in the season, but Cashman has had his number each of the last two weeks. This simply comes down to scrapping in a better room over the course of a long season, and needless to say... Warren >>> Purdue Polytechnic.

Waylon Cressell is that dude at 165. Does he want to pin his way through the bracket or tech fall each opponent?

At 175, all eyes will be on Kyle Harden. Expect him to sneak into the finals for Cathedral, but will the lack of mat time be too much against Russell? Sleeper here is Mikey White of LN, has taken huge strides in the last year and lost to Russell last week, 17-12.

Jumping to 190, sheesh, talk about some brutal ticket-round matchups. Penola-Guenin and Weaver-Young. Penola and Weaver are in a different class here, I like Penola to get revenge on Weaver this week. Guenin, after bowing out to Harden in the ticket round last year, never finds his way into the top 16. The IHSAA rarely giveth, often taketh.

215 features some really talented grapplers, and fortunately the top 4 kids in the semi-state are all spread out evenly. The best ticket round matchup is Weingart-Glass, the latter being a tough go on top. I like Weingart's history vs. Johnson and Kendrex to take the title. Woodall is no slouch either and could surprise in the semis.

At HWT, I like McClure to take the title after falling to Flener last week. But as we know with HWT, all it takes is one fatman roll or go behind to flip a bout. Hosia Smith, after placing two years ago, never finds himself back at the state tournament. McClure defeats Hastings in the championship while Flener takes third.

54 minutes ago, HawkinIndy said:

Agree with you at 106, this is Peyton Schoettle's bracket to lose. He beat Heather Crull by a point in the first round last year, I expect a major decision or fall in the championship this time around.

At 113, Bradyn Volz has flown under the radar all year. It's criminal that he is unranked in the semi-state. He will show that rankings don't matter and win this bracket with a thrilling victory over little Getz in the finals.

Moving to 120, Chayce Yant -- after suffering a narrow ticket-round loss to Eli Broady last year -- will roll to a semi-state title.

At the 132, the phenom Tylin Thrine has three wins over Cameron Volz this season, all by four points or less. Can Volz get over the hump? Give me Thrine, Volz, Davis, Kuhn.

138 bracket is Kyrel's to lose, and let me put it this way, AIN'T HAPPENIN'. Who comes out on the other side? The winner of Whitehead-Hornsby Part III likely has a date with Chatard's Bustamante in the semis.

Jumping to 144, Dillon Graham is wrestling with confidence after sticking Jack Todd's shoulder blades to the mat at regionals. He's dropped two close decisions to Arberry of Warren Central, expect those two to clash in the championship for another tight one.

Is there a more open weight class than 150 at New Castle? Maybe 113, 215 or HWT have something to say about this, but I like Fettig on a much less challenging side of the bracket to steam into the finals. Getz-Weaver and Stevenson-Adams on the top half in the ticket round could spark fireworks. I like Weaver to bounce back after a stunning loss at regionals with three hard-earned wins over Getz, Adams and Fettig.

For a third straight week at 157, Anthony Cashman and Silas Foster will meet with a championship on the line. Foster won their first matchup early in the season, but Cashman has had his number each of the last two weeks. This simply comes down to scrapping in a better room over the course of a long season, and needless to say... Warren >>> Purdue Polytechnic.

Waylon Cressell is that dude at 165. Does he want to pin his way through the bracket or tech fall each opponent?

At 175, all eyes will be on Kyle Harden. Expect him to sneak into the finals for Cathedral, but will the lack of mat time be too much against Russell? Sleeper here is Mikey White of LN, has taken huge strides in the last year and lost to Russell last week, 17-12.

Jumping to 190, sheesh, talk about some brutal ticket-round matchups. Penola-Guenin and Weaver-Young. Penola and Weaver are in a different class here, I like Penola to get revenge on Weaver this week. Guenin, after bowing out to Harden in the ticket round last year, never finds his way into the top 16. The IHSAA rarely giveth, often taketh.

215 features some really talented grapplers, and fortunately the top 4 kids in the semi-state are all spread out evenly. The best ticket round matchup is Weingart-Glass, the latter being a tough go on top. I like Weingart's history vs. Johnson and Kendrex to take the title. Woodall is no slouch either and could surprise in the semis.

At HWT, I like McClure to take the title after falling to Flener last week. But as we know with HWT, all it takes is one fatman roll or go behind to flip a bout. Hosia Smith, after placing two years ago, never finds himself back at the state tournament. McClure defeats Hastings in the championship while Flener takes third.

Ya’ll thinking Waylon will walk through Xavier Smith is comical. 

13 minutes ago, Coach Moore said:

Do not sleep on FC 150 Moses Stevenson... or FC 120 Richard Rogers. 🤫

Both very talented wrestlers. Moses is tough, just think him catching injured Getz was the reason for the swing from their previous match.

6 minutes ago, HawkinIndy said:

Both very talented wrestlers. Moses is tough, just think him catching injured Getz was the reason for the swing from their previous match.

Wrestling through injury is not an excuse for a major decision. All athletes wrestle with injury. I just would never wanna wrestle that kid twice. 

1 hour ago, HawkinIndy said:

Imo thrine vs Davis will be the March to watch at 132. 

Davis is solid, strong, and by god don't let him get a wrist and half or it's all over. 

1 minute ago, Wrestlingfan937 said:

Imo thrine vs Davis will be the March to watch at 132. 

Davis is solid, strong, and by god don't let him get a wrist and half or it's all over. 

That could be a fun one. I believe Thrine has two wins over Davis, including a ticket-round bout last season.

On 2/7/2024 at 12:15 PM, Coach Moore said:

Wrestling through injury is not an excuse for a major decision. All athletes wrestle with injury. I just would never wanna wrestle that kid twice. 

It’s crazy that he did wrestle through an injury and won semi-state. Not to mention beat the kid that he “wouldn’t wanna wrestle twice”. 

3 hours ago, Thatwrestler445 said:

It’s crazy that he did wrestle through an injury and won semi-state. Not to mention beat the kid that he “wouldn’t wanna wrestle twice”. 

He wrestled well today. Win some you lose some. Wrestle it 10 times get 10 different results! Good job today kid!