Girls Semi State

Stevenson and Dowty in the ticket round at Mooresville was brutal. Two state placers! 

looks like the Evansville girls semi state is the best semi state, still!  

2 hours ago, navy80 said:

Stevenson and Dowty in the ticket round at Mooresville was brutal. Two state placers! 

looks like the Evansville girls semi state is the best semi state, still!  

I’d love to see this considering the last few year of talk has been how much more developed the northern half of the state has been in terms of girls wrestling.    I guess we can calculate the number of placer after next weeks competition. 

Edited by MattM

As with any SS, Rochester had some tough ticket round matchups.  155 was a solid weight with a state medalist not returning.  I wasn't in person but coach said it felt like the boys SS in the ticket round.  Great for the sport.  

Rochester had some great ones...

115, 135 and 155 were loaded....

Ticket round  had a lot of intensity !!

1 hour ago, MattM said:

I’d love to see this considering the last few year of talk has been how much more developed the northern half of the state has been in terms of girls wrestling.    I guess we can calculate the number of placer after next weeks competition. 

You should calculate last years' results! I would be interested as well. I really have no knowledge just supporting Eville!!!!

Another good match from Mooresville

190- three time defending state champ Hannah West beat defending state runner up Oneal 2-1. Oneal up 1-0 with under 30 seconds left. West gets an escape to tie it up. Then Oneal gives up a penalty point (no idea what it was). They should meet again next Friday for the state championship.

West has won 11 times at the state finals with all wins by pin, including 9 first period pins. Oneal has been her only competition.