Indiana Wrestlers at Super 32

On 10/22/2023 at 3:54 PM, maligned said:

Unseeded Schaefer and Johnson end up falling in the blood round.

#10 Gunner Henry takes out the Ohio kid that clobbered him 15-1 early in the tournament. Gunner earns our lone podium spot, finishing 8th.

Gunnar had backs that were not awarded also. What a difference a day makes. Brownsburg coaches and coach Red came up with great match strategies and Gunner came up big!!! Super tough and coachable kid. Well deserved 32 placement for the future Wyoming Cowboy. 

Edited by Mattyb

On 10/22/2023 at 2:54 PM, maligned said:

Unseeded Schaefer and Johnson end up falling in the blood round.

#10 Gunner Henry takes out the Ohio kid that clobbered him 15-1 early in the tournament. Gunner earns our lone podium spot, finishing 8th.

Congrats to Gunner earning that coveted podium at the toughest national event in the country!

We had a lot of Indiana studs wrestling.  Even if they didn't earn a podium spot, I'm sure they had the opportunity to enhance their status, on the national level, by competing against nationally ranked kids in their brackets.  

I believe CP's LT Hawkins and Ben Smith each knocked off a Flo top 20 wrestler.  I'm sure there are many more who did the same. Let's here em!

Quick question because I honestly don't know, not because I'm trying to stir something up...

On tournaments such as this with the high school and middle school classifications...is it set up strictly off school grade registered?  I know that freestyle/greco tournaments all based off birth year.  So is that the cut off...Folkstyle is academic grade in school and olympic styles are age based??

Do the participants have to provide like a school transcript, because their USA card wouldn't cover that?  Then, how would that work for home schooling??

1 hour ago, SLAPtheMAT1313 said:

Quick question because I honestly don't know, not because I'm trying to stir something up...

On tournaments such as this with the high school and middle school classifications...is it set up strictly off school grade registered?  I know that freestyle/greco tournaments all based off birth year.  So is that the cut off...Folkstyle is academic grade in school and olympic styles are age based??

Do the participants have to provide like a school transcript, because their USA card wouldn't cover that?  Then, how would that work for home schooling??

The Super 32 does not require a USAW card. 

Folkstyle is academic grade in school and olympic styles are age based??
USAW events such as folkstyle nationals and Fargo are age based. However, USAW events such as this weekend's Preseason Nationals is based off of grade.

On tournaments such as this with the high school and middle school classifications...is it set up strictly off school grade registered?

The Super 32 has two age divisions for youth and then middle school and high school age(can wrestle in the high school division in 7th and 8th grade).

Do the participants have to provide like a school transcript, because their USA card wouldn't cover that?

Not usually, but if challenged would need to provide verification of their grade. This is rare and usually would happen before the event if a keen parent sees a freshman is registered for the middle school division for instance.

Then, how would that work for home schooling??

Kids are technically in a grade so they'd need to utilize this as their grade.