U17 World Championships - Istanbul, Turkey

Yesterday saw the USA get another Greco gold medal (Jordyn Raney, Kentucky, who has competed in Indiana before), but today starts the women's freestyle competition. Looks like Indiana's own Heather Crull is in the semifinals and will wrestle for a spot for the finals later this morning. 

Edited by SIwrestling
error

2 hours ago, SIwrestling said:

Yesterday saw the USA get another Greco gold medal (Jordyn Raney, Kentucky, who has competed in Indiana before), but today starts the women's freestyle competition. Looks like Indiana's own Heather Crull is in the semifinals and will wrestle for a spot for the finals later this morning. 

Happy for Jordyn!  I've known the Raney's for several years as they were on one of my first travel teams.  Great family and fantastic wrestlers.  They are on a path to do big things at the next level.

44 minutes ago, Justin Ratliff said:

Happy for Jordyn!  I've known the Raney's for several years as they were on one of my first travel teams.  Great family and fantastic wrestlers.  They are on a path to do big things at the next level.

I have watched them at the Mater Dei Holiday Classic and they put on a show. 

6 minutes ago, Thor said:

She lost first round and her opponent lost the next round so she didn't get pulled back in. 

Ah, thanks for the update. For some reason I didn’t think she competed until tomorrow.