Iran wrestling news

There goes Ghasempour's undefeated international record. He has no choice but to go to 86kg and try again against Yazdani. Since he likes to claim he can't physically weigh more than 88kg it's the obvious choice. Maybe he can try 74kg since he's convinced he is so small. 

It will be Goleij or Azarpira at 97kg.  

Just now, The Genius said:

There goes Ghasempour's undefeated international record. He has no choice but to go to 86kg and try again against Yazdani. Since he likes to claim he can't physically weigh more than 88kg it's the obvious choice. Maybe he can try 74kg since he's convinced he is so small. 

It will be Goleij or Azarpira at 97kg.  

What are you talking about likes to claim? You weigh what you weigh. It's not his fault he isn't as big as Kyle. It ain't a matter of convincing yourself. He would need to chop a leg off to make 74..... and who cares about undefeated records. He has my respect for going up and giving up 10kg and going against Kyle. It was just a size issue. But major respect. I wish more wrestlers would do the same so we could see these type of matches.

1 minute ago, Uwwdoc said:

What are you talking about likes to claim? You weigh what you weigh. It's not his fault he isn't as big as Kyle. It ain't a matter of convincing yourself. He would need to chop a leg off to make 74..... and who cares about undefeated records. He has my respect for going up and giving up 10kg and going against Kyle. It was just a size issue. But major respect. I wish more wrestlers would do the same so we could see these type of matches.

Personally I don't wish we saw more total mismatches where we lose and the American disrespectfully pushes our guy off the mat at the end. But each to their own. 

It's close with Amouzad and Zare, but I think Masoumi may be my favourite wrestler.

He has a ruthlessness, killer instinct and spite that no other Iranian wrestler has.  

If Baby Yaz didn't bottle it and Ghasempour didn't have his silly experiment we would have won. Oh well. 

5 minutes ago, The Genius said:

Personally I don't wish we saw more total mismatches where we lose and the American disrespectfully pushes our guy off the mat at the end. But each to their own. 

To be frank I’m not sure what Snyder was thinking doing that 

Just now, The Genius said:

It's close with Amouzad and Zare, but I think Masoumi may be my favourite wrestler.

He has a ruthlessness, killer instinct and spite that no other Iranian wrestler has.  

If Baby Yaz didn't bottle it and Ghasempour didn't have his silly experiment we would have won. Oh well. 

Atleast we learnt a lot from this that we wouldn’t have otherwise 

2 minutes ago, LJB said:

One could potentially call that behavior as slightly less than pure respect…

whatever…

congrats on the win over JB tonight…

In other good news @LJB, I am happy to report that based on tonight’s showing, US also wins the ugliest singlet contest 😀

Edited by Irani

4 minutes ago, LJB said:

One could potentially call that behavior as slightly less than pure respect…

whatever…

congrats on the win over JB tonight…

Congrats on the win. Valencia and Nate Jackson are legit and would both medal at Worlds. You guys are still hopeless at 125kg without Gable though. 

Edited by The Genius

Just now, kkiane said:

Masoumi is quite the bulldozer, definitely top 7 in the world my question is, is he top 5?

Probably wouldn't beat Taha or Geno just yet, but other than that not sure who beats him. Munkhtur or Deng, maybe. No one else. So yes, I would say he's probably top 5 already. Crazy. But I still think Zare is #1 and won't lose to Taha or Geno again. 

My take on Iran’s tournament 

1. Massoumi is the breakout star

2. Iran need wrestlers at 57 and 61

3. Baby Yaz is good, but has too many flaws

4. Iran has two great wrestlers at 92

5. Kamran May be able to medal at 97, he will not beat Snyder

6. Karimi is over the hill

7. mixed performance by the Firouzpour brothers, they have potential, but are at best work in progress

8. Rahman was great, but not as dominating as I hoped

2 minutes ago, Irani said:

7. mixed performance by the Firouzpour brothers, they have potential, but are at best work in progress

I think the Rahman match could be put down to not having wrestled competitively in a while. I see Yianni wrestles very often but Rahman was meant to wrestle in the league and simply didn’t for god knows what reason.

Just now, Irani said:

Who is the other great wrestler at 92kg? The guy who lost to Osman (again) and then got dominated by USA's #2? 

I think the main takeaways are that the Firouzpour brothers aren't ready for this cycle, Ghasempour won't be in Paris (but can rack up World Golds at 92kg) and Savadkouhi must be our rep at 79kg even if Nokhodi beats him 10 times in a row.