Iran wrestling news

3 hours ago, Irani said:

Thanks for sharing the video, good find.
Zare looks a bit flabby to me.  He looks like he could do more strength training and build a bit more muscle mass and burn a bit of fat.  He dominated his opponent, but the near pin was scary.  He is lucky it was not in the middle of the mat.  He showed  good composure after that and continued to dominate

Don't you talk about my bro like that lol. That's his koobideh strength kicking in lol. Haha.

I actually find it remarkable how well he does given his size compared to some of these guys.

This is only half Iran related (literally), but there’s a Japanese-Iranian kid Arash Yoshida who’s making a name for himself on the scene here in Japan with some big results.  

Last year made his Greco debut at the all Japan high school nationals and won the whole thing(!), he won the FS all Japan university nationals this year as a 1st year student, and yesterday he got to the Emperor Cup (senior nationals) final losing to Japanese legend Takatani 12-8 after going 8-0 down to an early leg lace.  

He has an interesting style, he was coached by his dad who talks a lot about blending the Japanese and Iranian styles. We can expect to see him internationally at u20 and even senior Asians next year.  

https://www.instagram.com/reel/ClTF9eeJvCd/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

7 hours ago, Uwwdoc said:

Don't you talk about my bro like that lol. That's his koobideh strength kicking in lol. Haha.

I actually find it remarkable how well he does given his size compared to some of these guys.

Lol, just an observation 

he is a very skilled wrestler and does really well despite being undersized.

precisely because he is under the weight limit, he can afford to do lots of strength training and add muscle mass

13 hours ago, LJB said:

https://wrestlingtv.ru/pwl3

Pretty sure sharshenbekov wrestled in this event… haven’t dug through the vid yet, but, I’m sure there is decent wrestling throughout…

he wrestled a Russian guy near the end of the event but while Sharshenbekov was dominating, the other guy got injured badly very early in the match and Zholaman had to carry him out of the mat.

We had Iran national Greco Championship in past 3 days.

last year World team members + World U23 medalists didn't wrestle here, beside them it was mandatory for everybody else (except Dalkhani who is still recovering)

Full results in Persian
http://iwf.ir/public/iawf.ir/kazem/koshtiday3.pdf

I write the name of Champions in order
Mehdi Javaheri, Amir-Reza Dehbozorgi, Aref Mohammadi, Reza Abbasi, Sajjad Imentalab, Amin Kavianinejad, Alireza Mohmadi, HamidReza Badkan, Mehdi Bali and Amir Ghasemi-Monjazi

these guys alongside last year World U23 medalists and last year World team members (except Reza Geraei, Saravi and Mirzazadeh) will go to some international tournaments and the better guy will represent Iran at the Asian Championships in India

last year world medalists (those 3 mentioned) are exempt and will only wrestle at the final trial round

31 minutes ago, wrestfan said:

We had Iran national Greco Championship in past 3 days.

last year World team members + World U23 medalists didn't wrestle here, beside them it was mandatory for everybody else (except Dalkhani who is still recovering)

Full results in Persian
http://iwf.ir/public/iawf.ir/kazem/koshtiday3.pdf

I write the name of Champions in order
Mehdi Javaheri, Amir-Reza Dehbozorgi, Aref Mohammadi, Reza Abbasi, Sajjad Imentalab, Amin Kavianinejad, Alireza Mohmadi, HamidReza Badkan, Mehdi Bali and Amir Ghasemi-Monjazi

these guys alongside last year World U23 medalists and last year World team members (except Reza Geraei, Saravi and Mirzazadeh) will go to some international tournaments and the better guy will represent Iran at the Asian Championships in India

last year world medalists (those 3 mentioned) are exempt and will only wrestle at the final trial round

Is Dehbozorgi at 60? I really like him, a bright prospect.

1 minute ago, kkiane said:

Is Dehbozorgi at 60? I really like him, a bright prospect.

yeah it seems all 55kg guys are now moved up to 60kg

Dehbozorgi beat Pouya Nasserpour 5-5 and Sajjad Abbaspour 4-1 to win the gold. those guys ended up winning bronze and silver

based on their new Greco trial format, Dehbozorgi now has to challenge Mohsennejad for the Asian Championship spot.

3 minutes ago, wrestfan said:

yeah it seems all 55kg guys are now moved up to 60kg

Dehbozorgi beat Pouya Nasserpour 5-5 and Sajjad Abbaspour 4-1 to win the gold. those guys ended up winning bronze and silver

based on their new Greco trial format, Dehbozorgi now has to challenge Mohsennejad for the Asian Championship spot.

Of all the guys there who do you think has the best chance of making it to the actual team?

Edited by kkiane

5 minutes ago, kkiane said:

Of all the guys there who do you think has the best chance of making it to the actual team?

I think for now it's Mohsennejad but those young guys can catch him in next few months

per "trial rules" top 6 from this competition + Mohsennejad + Omid Arami are qualified for the Takhti Cup. (Arami is getting a wild card because of his Israel draw at the World U23)

we still don't know if Nejati wants to move back to 60kg or not. (he was at war with IWF president Dabir recently , IWF might even ban him)

with Asian Games and Worlds almost at the same time, Iran needs 2 guys for Olympic weights, winning the nationals means Dehbozorgi has a good chance at least for the Asian Games.

people might ask about Saeid Esmaeili world junior champion at 60kg, he is now moved up to 67kg, he wrestled at the nationals and lost.

6 minutes ago, wrestfan said:

I think for now it's Mohsennejad but those young guys can catch him in next few months

per "trial rules" top 6 from this competition + Mohsennejad + Omid Arami are qualified for the Takhti Cup. (Arami is getting a wild card because of his Israel draw at the World U23)

we still don't know if Nejati wants to move back to 60kg or not. (he was at war with IWF president Dabir recently , IWF might even ban him)

with Asian Games and Worlds almost at the same time, Iran needs 2 guys for Olympic weights, winning the nationals means Dehbozorgi has a good chance at least for the Asian Games.

people might ask about Saeid Esmaeili world junior champion at 60kg, he is now moved up to 67kg, he wrestled at the nationals and lost.

I was just going to ask about him. 7kg jump in such short time seems like a bad idea. 

Mohmadi can overtake Poshtam (hopefully).

Those three weights (77-87) are so underwhelming for us.

12 minutes ago, kkiane said:

I was just going to ask about him. 7kg jump in such short time seems like a bad idea. 

Mohmadi can overtake Poshtam (hopefully).

Those three weights (77-87) are so underwhelming for us.

apparently he can't make 60kg anymore, he first moved to 63kg, he was Iran's reserve guy at the World Cup but never wrestled because Iman Mohammadi ate everybody alive. he probably thought 63kg (as a non-Olympic weight) doesn't worth it because of Mohammadi and Dalkhani. so moved up to the next Olympic weight. yeah I also think that was a bad idea.

Mohmadi beat Poshtam 5-4 couple weeks ago in a league match. I think 82kg spot is his to lose.

count me in as part of the 7kg is too big a jump in such a short time club...

my 60kg kid will be closer to right sized for 60kg this season... 

my other kid (55kg last summer) knows he needs to try and get to 67kg in a year if he wants any part of trials for 24...

these are not easy/fun/whatever decisions, but, the sooner the decision is made the better in my mind...

On 12/24/2022 at 1:05 AM, The Genius said:

Amouzad was named UWW's Rising Star of the Year for FS Wrestling

Well deserved, what an amazing run that was at worlds! 

Otoguro’s back and just went through everyone at the Emperors cup. What are people’s thoughts on Rahman’s chances against him? I 100% believe he has the game to beat him by getting hold of him and taking away Otoguro’s movement, but can’t lie Amouzad’s poor performance against Hasegawa at 61 in Oslo leaves some doubts…

12 hours ago, kmrabr said:

Otoguro’s back and just went through everyone at the Emperors cup. What are people’s thoughts on Rahman’s chances against him? I 100% believe he has the game to beat him by getting hold of him and taking away Otoguro’s movement, but can’t lie Amouzad’s poor performance against Hasegawa at 61 in Oslo leaves some doubts…

Toughest match up for him stylistically in the world imo. Tough match. Hope he gets him in Worlds prior to Olympics to test him out 

18 hours ago, kmrabr said:

Otoguru is amazing but very beatable. Amouzad is a very different wrestler now at 65kg than he was at 61kg that one year. I think Amouzad can beat him. 

1 minute ago, Uwwdoc said:

A good bunch of the Iranian fs team are going to be at the first ranking series in Croatia in Feb.

Reza atri, Younes Emami, Savadkouhi, Hasan Yazdani, Azarpira, Zare

Do you know any good competition from other countries who could come?

19 minutes ago, kkiane said:

Do you know any good competition from other countries who could come?

It's the first ranking series in an Olympic year. The other 3 being in Egypt, Kyrgyzstan and Hungary. The latter 2 won't be until the summer. The first 2 in Feb.

With it being one of the first of the year and in Europe I feel there will be a strong show.

Also 2kg weigh in allowance. With the idea of wrestlers wrestling at the weight they would in Worlds/Olympics dor these events.