Iran wrestling news

2 minutes ago, The Genius said:

That's true but I presume he doesn't plan to wrestle at 97kg (e.g. in 2024) weighing his current weight... 

He can't get any bigger. Since Oslo the Iranian team have put him on a programme to gain muscle mass. The most he has got to is 91kg. He's filled out. As I said the dude is an 86kg wrestler, and hence why he has the dilemma of going up to 97kg for the Olympics. It's purely a size thing.

Just now, kkiane said:

I really really don’t like that rule where push outs don’t count if you’re on your knees, pretty amazing wrestling though regardless

I agree, you see lots of Americans abuse that rule to avoid giving away a step out point. Rahman in particular could work on those situations, lots of missed opportunities. 

Just now, kkiane said:

I really really don’t like that rule where push outs don’t count if you’re on your knees, pretty amazing wrestling though regardless

Iran needs to figure out how to combat this. DT does this to Yaz too all the time. Yianni was doing that there.

Good match.

Just now, The Genius said:

I agree, you see lots of Americans abuse that rule to avoid giving away a step out point. Rahman in particular could work on those situations, lots of missed opportunities. 

I think it was Rahman who could lift opponents up to force them back into their feet.