Iran wrestling news

2 minutes ago, kkiane said:

Very young and experimental, I quite like it.

Far from the A team. But as you say a fresh team which might inject some new blood with the new coach.

If Iran get visas for freestyle World cup. Expect the FS team to be similar imo.

Rangraz has said in about 8 different interviews now that he wants to use a young team for the world cup lol. He's said he'll take no Serbia medalists and that the experience is more valuable than the result in the world cup. That list looks right, except I'm not sure Mokhtari will go. Rangraz said only 2 first teamers, Dadmarz and Mohsenejad, will go although I'm not sure who would replace Mokhtari.

Habibzadeh loses his first match to Kazakhstan 8-1. He was extremely lucky not to get pinned but I don't know why they took his second point away from him, I guess some kind of foul. Either way, not impressive and the Kazakh wrestles Harutyunyan next.

Masoumi makes easy work of Hungary in the QF 10-0. 

UWW has Masoumi listed as 18 years old? That's a little bit scary. I really like both Zare and Masoumi, Zare has a big personality and Masoumi has a nasty streak. This could become an incredible domestic rivalry.

7 minutes ago, kkiane said:

From my calculations, and a bit of help with weight from uwwdoc we have concluded he is 6’5 124kg

Oh wow, so he is at the upper limit.  He is pretty lean, too.