Senior One Shot, One Gold

Y2CJ41

On 1/12/2024 at 7:47 AM, h2ooutofmudpuddles said:

better story about you, when Ester and i walked in your dorm room with Lopez trying to break your arm with a baseball bat.  so you didn't have to make weight. lol great times

Yeah, cutting weight was brutal back then. Coach Jarman called me out after that early morning incident and had me running before, between, and after classes to cut the 14 pounds I needed to make weight before we went to Ohio Northern that night. I had my arm all wrapped up like a club because of the huge bruise on my arm. I ended up winning that match with some huge cross faces with my club. Lol.

I don’t know who to thank for that experience: Coach Jarmen for pushing me through a stupid decision or Lopez for a having a sissy swing that night. Lol

On 3/11/2022 at 10:17 AM, The Hefty Lefty said:

IF I REMEMBER CORRECTLY..

Robert Miller qualified for State as a sophomore at 140.  His Jr. year rumor was he was out because he delivered a beating off the mat.

Matt Deters as a soph. lost ticket round to Jeremy Bolt and as a Jr. lost ticket to Michael Bailey, who was State runner-up that year.

Will Hill as a junior I think was the victim of a New Castle semi-state death draw, losing to that year's state champ and 4x placer Dan Pleak.

I was there for the Pleak vs Brimm vs Hill battles! Amazing time at state!