3A Team State ranked wrestlers / predictions

Indysportsfan

I don't know the depth of the majority of teams, so my predictions are solely based on rankings.  Granted all the rankers are outstanding, so I have confidence in the data I can see.

Roncalli vs Hobart -  Roncalli has studs, depth, and pinners.

State ranked matchup: #9 Hansen vs #5 Simpson

Floyd Central vs Franklin - Very close match, but Floyd Central studs will get bonus and allow them to win.

East Central vs Mishawaka - Closest match in the 1st round. I went with Mishawaka because they have wrestled a tougher schedule YTD.

Columbus East vs TH South - Columbus East is a strong team and should get the W.

Roncalli vs Floyd Central - The depth of Roncalli will prevail, but the match could be a nail biter IF FC wins all the tight ones.

State ranked matchup: #3 Lowery vs #19 Knable (Lowery with the pin at EMD Holiday Classic) // #9 Hansen vs #8 Emerine

Columbus East vs Mishawaka - Columbus East has outstanding firepower between 160 - 285, and when you throw in 113 & 120 this team IS a handful.  Mishawaka has 8 wrestlers ranked in their Semi-State, so IF they can get a few upsets and stay off their backs there is hope for an upset. 

Roncalli vs Columbus East - Roncalli will rack up points between Willis to Glithero.  I expect them to split the lower weights and get a couple of wins above 170 to win the 3A Title.

3A Team State Ranked Wrestlers.xlsx

Edited by Indysportsfan

29 minutes ago, Indysportsfan said:

I don't know the depth of the majority of teams, so my predictions are solely based on rankings.  Granted all the rankers are outstanding, so I have confidence in the data I can see.

Roncalli vs Hobart -  Roncalli has studs, depth, and pinners.

State ranked matchup: #9 Hansen vs #5 Simpson

Floyd Central vs Franklin - Very close match, but Floyd Central studs will get bonus and allow them to win.

East Central vs Mishawaka - Closest match in the 1st round. I went with Mishawaka because they have wrestled a tougher schedule YTD.

Columbus East vs TH South - Columbus East is a strong team and should get the W.

Roncalli vs Floyd Central - The depth of Roncalli will prevail, but the match could be a nail biter IF FC wins all the tight ones.

State ranked matchup: #3 Lowery vs #19 Knable (Lowery with the pin at EMD Holiday Classic) // #9 Hansen vs #8 Emerine

Columbus East vs Mishawaka - Columbus East has outstanding firepower between 160 - 285, and when you throw in 113 & 120 this team IS a handful.  Mishawaka has 8 wrestlers ranked in their Semi-State, so IF they can get a few upsets and stay off their backs there is hope for an upset. 

Roncalli vs Columbus East - Roncalli will rack up points between Willis to Glithero.  I expect them to split the lower weights and get a couple of wins above 170 to win the 3A Title.

3A Team State Ranked Wrestlers.xlsx 12.39 kB · 12 downloads

Love the spreadsheet.  Appreciate the effort put out.  Now I have to drag myself off of this screen and back to my "real" job.

The Roncalli vs Columbus East Dual should be very interesting in the finals, so long as both teams make it. But heres how I have it shown.

Roncalli v. Columbus East

106 - Rossman over Forfeit 6-0

113 - Krueger over May (Fall) 6-6

120 - Lykins over Plahitko (Fall) 6-12

126 - Mcginley over Wagner (DEC) 9-12     

132 - Willis over Anderson (MD) 13-12

138 - Lowery over Fisher (Fall) 19-12

145 - Z. Wilson over K. Wilson (Fall) 25-12

152 - Glithero over Lake (Fall) 31-12

160 - Stuck over Pollitt (DEC) 34-12    

170 - Law over Dozier (Fall) 34-18

182 - Hansen over Statler (DEC) 37-18   

195 - Durnil over Peeples (DEC) 37-21        

220 - Morrill over Lewis (Fall) 37-27

285 - Hartwell over Swartz (Fall) 37-33

There is a few tossup matches that could swing it either way.

Hello Fans,  guys I like your write-ups. Very informative and Spot on!!

I on the other hand think a match or 2 may turn out different.  JMO

4A: Crown Point                        3A: Columbus East

Brownsburg                                Roncalli

Center Grove                              Floyd Central

E M D                                          Mishawaka

2A: Bellmont                              1A: Tell City

Jay County                                Rochester

Monrovia                                   North Posey

Oak Hill                                      Cascade

Just my thoughts, Wish all the Wrestlers and Programs the Very Best ! Bigtoe 19

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.