Mater Dei vs Reitz

bandit1990

The only match I can think of that could have been somewhat close and fun to watch was at 132 between Luigs and Craig, and I still think Luigs wins by at least a major. Reitz could also steal a couple wins in the upper weights as Mater Dei isn't as strong up top.

Edited by SWSpectator

Can anyone post the results (match by match) of this dual meet? I remember back in the day this used to be a pretty big topic. Not as much anymore.

Why doesn't all the Evansville teams post all the results? Reitz and Memorial do but not the rest ? I think Indianamat has done a great job gathering and promoting the sport but some teams don't want to enter their data but I am sure they look at everyone else's results .. I know the Evansville teams are top notch and are as good as any team out there..before I get the hateful comments

Why doesn't all the Evansville teams post all the results? Reitz and Memorial do but not the rest ? I think Indianamat has done a great job gathering and promoting the sport but some teams don't want to enter their data but I am sure they look at everyone else's results .. I know the Evansville teams are top notch and are as good as any team out there..before I get the hateful comments

Very rarely do either school you mention post individual results.

Luigs beat Craig 4-2 in a wild one. Wicked scrambles both ways. Classic example of leaving it all on the mat. Luigs is on this year. Craig battled ear infections over weekend so nice to see him back to his ability.

Both kids are really good , sounds like a great match.. Mater Dei competed in the tourney in ST Louis last week , any results from that tournament?

Luigs beat Craig 4-2 in a wild one.  Wicked scrambles both ways.  Classic example of leaving it all on the mat.  Luigs is on this year. Craig battled ear infections over weekend so nice to see him back to his ability.

That explains the thumping Craig got from Combest. Or, is it that Combest is that good cause Luigs has beat some tough opponents this year.

That explains the thumping Craig got from Combest. Or, is it that Combest is that good cause Luigs has beat some tough opponents this year.

I think all three are good kids , wrestling is all about match ups.

Looking at the notable wins , Luigs and Combest both have notable wins including Luigs beating Ervin from Kentucky (really good kid) Craig has beaten a lot of solid kids as well .. with Miranda and Smith in the mix , it should be a good semistate just like 120,126 and 170..

Edited by eastdad18

I think all three are good kids , wrestling is all about match ups.

Looking at the notable wins , Luigs and Combest both have notable wins including Luigs beating Ervin from Kentucky (really good kid) Craig has beaten a lot of solid kids as well .. with Miranda and Smith in the mix , it should be a good semistate just like 120,126 and 170..

Do you have any insight on his significant wins. Not taking anything away from Caleb cause he's a good kid and good wrestler, but I personally don't see him getting out of SS. His posted results are showing that against top tier(ranked) wrestlers, he doesn't fair well. I hope the best for him.

Do you have any insight on his significant wins. Not taking anything away from Caleb cause he's a good kid and good wrestler, but I personally don't see him getting out of SS. His posted results are showing that against top tier(ranked) wrestlers, he doesn't fair well. I hope the best for him.

I have no personal relationship with him

I have watched him wrestle several times , he has beat all of the kids he was suppose to beat according to the rankings

Just like the results with Luigs , Luigs is a very solid wrestler so if he hangs with him I think that shows his caliper .. I think it is more important to see who the kids wrestle then their W and L only .. Craig is tough and shouldn't be overlooked ..

It will depend on his draw at SS , at 132 I think Evansville regional will have the most depth , Luigs , Craig & miller .. Jeff will have Combest , Franklin , mooresville will have Miranda , Campbell (bd) , kritzer and Bloomington will have Smith (BN) Deckard ..

I think Craig could beat one of the #1seeds and will test all of them ..

Just my opinion

Edited by eastdad18

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.