cathedral and Mid State

Mid State is this weekend at Mooresville

Brackets are not online--it's not on track.

A few key match-ups:

106: Logan Reams PL and Keegan Overton GW

Both solid grapplers Overton beat Streeter 10-1 and has been at 113 all year. Ought to be a good one if Overton can get by Franklin's Pitzulo, also a solid wrestler

113: The Whiteland kid comes in as 17-1 as a relative unknown and is seeded opposite two other strong wrestlers in Plainfield's Paterniti (beat Weaver of BBurg) and Cox of Mooresville (23-8)

120: Keaton Fisher ought to be the favorite, but Plainfield's LJ Burdon could challenge.

126: Speaking of solid Quaker Light weights, Senior Isaac Gomez is the favorite here. The battle will be for second.

132: Plainfield again has a solid Senior in Tyler Summers with solid challengers coming from Franklin, Greenwood, and Mooresville. This ought to be one of the most wide open weights.

138: Top seeded Trevor Reese is in a class of his own. Pioneer Senior Wes Kost is the likely championship opponent.

145: Another Grizzly Cub stud, Shane Wilkerson, is the favorite and will face either Whiteland's Mathias Ebeyer or Mooresville's Jake Hawkins in the final.

152: Martinsville has Conner Dean, Decatur has Jalen Adkins. Who wins? I guess we'll see

160: By far best weight of day with Franklin's Van Horn and Martinsville's Cayden Whitaker looking to square off in the finals. Whiteland's Tommy Copeland may have something to say about it as the 3 seed though.

170: Another Artie will be the top seed in Ethan Runyon. He ought to see either Plainfield's Ryan Reams or Franklin's Jake Moore. Probably the deepest class in the tournament.

182: This one is totally up in the air. I can't even recall who the top seeds are here. I do know Greenwood has a pretty good kid and despite Whiteland missing state qualifier Ryan "the Hammer" Hammonds at this weight, his replacement Ryan Hahn is no slouch either.

195: Another wide open weight. I know that Plainfield's Cody Kammerer is the top seed but the field is pretty competitive. Ought to be exciting from start to finish.

220: Clayton Scroggs is a solid one seed and I've been impressed by Franklin's Cheam this season. Could be a good title match.

285: Quinn York will look to bring home his HWT belt but will have to beat Plainfield's Mariscal in the semi's and either Whiteland's Lily or Mooresville's Smith in the final.

Team race could have been close this year if anyone had enough horses to challenge the Grizzly Cubs. Not sure this is the year though.

1. Franklin (at least 3 champs and all will place)

2. Plainfield (probably 2 champs, several others in 3rd or 4th)

3. Martinsville (3-4 champs will help fill the holes in their line-up)

4-6 in no particular order Greenwood, Mooresville, Whiteland

7 Decatur Central

106: Overton GW over Reams Pl

113: Brooks? WL over Cox Mooresville

120: Fisher Martinsville over Burdon Pl

126: Gomez Pl over GW (name escapes me)

132: Summers PL over GW (another name I don't know)

138: Reese Franklin over Kost Mooresville

145: Wilkerson Franklin over Ebeyer WL

152: Adkins DC over Dean Martinsville

160: Whitaker Martinsville over Van Horn FR

170: Runyon Martinsville over Moore FR

182: ?

195: ?

220: Scroggs Martinsville over Cheam FR

285: York FR over Smith Mooresville

I know 195 was FR vs the GW wrestler, didn't see the match

I honestly have no idea who won at 182...was busy coaching during it

Edited by Coach Brobst

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.