Mooresville Head Coach Zach Errett selected to referee 2016 Rio Olympic Games!

grecoref

Zach has been selected by United World Wrestling as one of just 2 USA referees and one of just 50 referees in the world to referee the 2016 Olympic games in Rio. Zach has also been selected as a UWW Instructor. Instructors are the Head Officials at World and Continental Championships. He was 1 of only 9 Instructors in the World, This is Zach's 2nd straight Olympic selection as he worked the 2012 Games in London.

The Olympic selection process can be very stressful. They seem to do it differently each time. As one who has been through it, I can only describe it as survival of the fittest or last man standing. It's not user friendly to say the least.

On the mat Zach is considered to be the best referee in the world, not only by me, but by his peers and the powers that be with UWW. When he is on the mat he gets the big matches as the referee or mat chairman. As young as he is, he's already considered one of the best, if not the best, referee the USA has put on the mat.

Congratulations my friend!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.