Kayla Miracle USA Women's Folkstyle Nationals

Kayla Miracle concluded her folkstyle career by running the table at USA Women's Folkstyle Nationals in Oklahoma City, OK. As a freshman Kayla became the first to win both Cadet and Junior's (wrestled both tournaments simultaneously) running back and forth between and at times wrestling matches almost back to back. As a sophomore she again won Cadet and Juniors. As a junior she won Junior's. Tonight as a senior she won Juniors by pinning everyone on her way to a 17-2 tech in the finals. We are incredibly blessed to have had the support of the Indiana wrestling family. A special thank you goes out to Matt Behling and Headmaster John Buxton of Culver Academies for supporting her throughout her high school career. She will now continue her quest to be an Olympic gold medalist and World Champion.

Congrats Kayla, and good luck in your future endeavors! We (my daughter and I) met you back in 2012 at State, after you'd wrestled (she was upset she missed your match due to traffic).  She still wears her Kayla T shirt (she's tiny, it still fits).  You were her inspiration to start wrestling, and we finally found a club near us in Washington to get started. We recently completed folk style season, and she's set to wrestle her first Freestyle meet this weekend. She hates missing practice, and she's already set a goal to be a state champion.

Thanks for being such a positive influence. I look forward to seeing you do many more great things in the mat and wish you all the success in the world (on made do off the mat)

Joshua Richey

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.