La Terrance Kyles

Colton Castetter

Gunnar Larson

285-

Gus Dajani

Norman Oglesby

Gavin Jolley-Little

Guy Henson

A few picks that are contradictory to most guys, but I'm confident with all of these guys and know from what I've seen that these can all work out.  Looking forward to a great day at the Ford Center, and feel free to post your opinion on these picks.

the young v molloy ticket round match will be big at 126. young really made things tough for himself getting upset at regionals. Deleon of jeff shouldnt be overlooked by anyone. his record is probably the worst at semi state but by the way he showed up ready at regionals i dont expect this senior is looking to end his career at semi state.

132-

Cory Orndorff (de-throwning Broukal in their 3rd consecutive match-up

Devin Broukal

Blake Jourdan

Kyle Todrank

Well this one wasnt even close to happening today!  Davis beat Orndorff by fall...Todrank out by fall in ticket round.  Broukal had his hands full with both Jourdan and Davis today.  This was one great day of wrestling at 132. 

132-

Cory Orndorff (de-throwning Broukal in their 3rd consecutive match-up

Devin Broukal

Blake Jourdan

Kyle Todrank

Well this one wasnt even close to happening today!  Davis beat Orndorff by fall...Todrank out by fall in ticket round.  Broukal had his hands full with both Jourdan and Davis today.  This was one great day of wrestling at 132.

I definitely didn't see this coming at all! From what I've seen previously I really thought it should have worked out this way.  132 has been crazy all year long though, and you are absolutely correct.  A terrific day of wrestling. I look forward to much of the same next weekend.  Tough to see some great guys' careers come to an end one week short of the State Finals.

I definitely didn't see this coming at all! From what I've seen previously I really thought it should have worked out this way.  132 has been crazy all year long though, and you are absolutely correct.  A terrific day of wrestling. I look forward to much of the same next weekend.  Tough to see some great guys' careers come to an end one week short of the State Finals.

What did you see? Crazy? Jourdan gets beat once by Todrank and that shook things up? The very next week he not only gets pinned but doesn't even score on Jourdan. Jourdan beats Davis in close matches so you think one bad match for Jourdan who beats Davis = Orndorff Champion.  I hear all the "132 is crazy" and yet the top kids prevailed to state. Todrank lost to ward, Jourdan, Broukal and now Anderson. Nothing crazy or shameful about that. They are all solid wrestlers and Todrank has an excellent coaching staff to take him to the next level...next year.

What did you see? Crazy? Jourdan gets beat once by Todrank and that shook things up? The very next week he not only gets pinned but doesn't even score on Jourdan. Jourdan beats Davis in close matches so you think one bad match for Jourdan who beats Davis = Orndorff Champion.  I hear all the "132 is crazy" and yet the top kids prevailed to state. Todrank lost to ward, Jourdan, Broukal and now Anderson. Nothing crazy or shameful about that. They are all solid wrestlers and Todrank has an excellent coaching staff to take him to the next level...next year.

I saw what I thought could have easily happened.  Orndorff has been battling injury problems since the end of last season.  He bruised ribs at Regionals and had a nagging knee injury on top of a re aggravated shoulder pain.  Had he been healthy I feel it could have turned out this way.  At least have him in the championship.  It just so happened that he wasn't able to preform to his ability because of the injury and he didn't  win.  Everybody wrestled great and all that moved on deserve it.  They stepped up and get to show off their talent under the lights.  I look forward to Broukal capping off a tremendous career next weekend and hope to see Todrank make that transition to Indianapolis next season. 

Nice job to Anderson turning around a major at mooresville vs todrank.

Definitely a bracket buster for me.  I did not see Anderson coming back from a 16-2 defeat last time these two matched up.  But great job to this kid getting it down when it counts and coming through with a HUGE win over a toughly ranked opponent in Todrank. 

I saw what I thought could have easily happened.  Orndorff has been battling injury problems since the end of last season.  He bruised ribs at Regionals and had a nagging knee injury on top of a re aggravated shoulder pain.  Had he been healthy I feel it could have turned out this way.  At least have him in the championship.  It just so happened that he wasn't able to preform to his ability because of the injury and he didn't  win.  Everybody wrestled great and all that moved on deserve it.  They stepped up and get to show off their talent under the lights.  I look forward to Broukal capping off a tremendous career next weekend and hope to see Todrank make that transition to Indianapolis next season.

So you're saying that Davis won because Orndorff had an injury? He is a 3x state qualifier who beat both Ward and Anderson handily.

So you're saying that Davis won because Orndorff had an injury? He is a 3x state qualifier who beat both Ward and Anderson handily.

No.  I'm saying had Orndorff been 100% healthy, I believe he could kept the match closer, and possibly won by a point or 2.  I am in no way saying Davis won due to injury.  I've seen Davis and know that he's a solid wrestler.  He earned every bit of those wins yesterday.  I just feel that it would have been a far more intense match if he would have been healthy and ready to wrestle.

If he wasn't 100% why would you pick him to win?  Or even draw attention to him.  Wouldn't you want fly "under the radar"?

I knew his shoulder injury had been a nagging pain every now and then all season, but he still managed to wrestle very well despite this setback.  His ribs seemed to be holding up well and I was told the night before that he was feeling great.  It was when he woke up on Saturday that his ribs began aching again and the knee pains first arrived.  By then I had obviously already made my picks.  So his pain was mostly unknown until competition day.  Last I heard he felt great so I assumed he'd be ready to go come Saturday...and I was wrong

• 4 weeks later...

I knew his shoulder injury had been a nagging pain every now and then all season, but he still managed to wrestle very well despite this setback.  His ribs seemed to be holding up well and I was told the night before that he was feeling great.  It was when he woke up on Saturday that his ribs began aching again and the knee pains first arrived.  By then I had obviously already made my picks.  So his pain was mostly unknown until competition day.  Last I heard he felt great so I assumed he'd be ready to go come Saturday...and I was wrong

Was going through some older posts and found this jewel. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.