Central Sectional

Jon H

Central, Mater Dei, North, Gibson Southern, North Posey, Pike Central, Princeton, Tecumseh, Vincennes Lincoln & Wood Memorial.

My top 4 without knowing the seeds or brackets. 

106:  MD, VL, GS, CE

113:  MD, GS, NO, TE

120:  MD, CE, GS, PR

126:  MD, GS, NO, PC

132:  MD, GS, CE, NP

138:  MD, GS, CE, VL

145:  MD, PR, CE, NO

152:  CE, MD, NO, PC

160:  CE, MD, TE, NP

170:  MD, PR, TE, NO

182:  MD, TE, GS, CE

195:  CE, MD, PC, VL

220:  GS, TE, MD, CE

285:  PC, NO, MD, CE

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that MD does a tremendous job of breaking down tape and finding ways to minimize the opponent's strengths and expose weaknesses.  Central knows this as well and has a former MD wrestler on staff that understands this .  Kemper doesn't have many weaknesses and he still has time work on his conditioning.  I expect epic battles between these two and I wouldn't be surprised if Forzley came out on top this week or next.  However, I still give the edge to Kemper. 

I would like to see the Tecumseh kid sneak in there as well. 

I agree that MD does a tremendous job of breaking down tape and finding ways to minimize the opponent's strengths and expose weaknesses.  Central knows this as well and has a former MD wrestler on staff that understands this .  Kemper doesn't have many weaknesses and he still has time work on his conditioning.  I expect epic battles between these two and I wouldn't be surprised if Forzley came out on top this week or next.  However, I still give the edge to Kemper. 

I would like to see the Tecumseh kid sneak in there as well.

this should be the marquee match of the sectional.  I would venture to say that neither forzley nor kemper were pleased with the siac outcome.  they are both very tough, great competitors.

neither should overlook Tecumseh or north posey; they are both quality kids with lots of experience and big wins.

e need a final order pick 'em contest for 160.

I think Kemper will pull it off when it counts! He dominated the first period at conference and almost pinned Forzley before letting Forzley get the best of him for a split second and score a quick five.  I don't think he will let that happen again!

When is the Central Bracket supposed to be posted?

I think Kemper will pull it off when it counts! He dominated the first period at conference and almost pinned Forzley before letting Forzley get the best of him for a split second and score a quick five.  I don't think he will let that happen again!

When is the Central Bracket supposed to be posted?

it was more than a quick five; I believe the final score was 15-13. 

the match had wild momentum swings.  kemper dominated the first part, forzley owned the second part and it looked like he was going to pull it out.  kemper got a second wind and won it.

i suspect there will be a rematch; it will be interesting to see how it plays out.  it's hard to bet against kemper or forzley!

106 MD, GS, VL, PR

113 MD, NO, GS, PC

120 MD, GS, NO, WM

126 MD, GS, CE, NO

132 MD, GS, CE, VL

138 GS, MD, CE, PC

145 MD, PR, CE, PC

152 CE, MD, PC, NO

160 CE, TE, MD, NP

170 MD, TE, NO, PC

182 MD, TE, NO, GS

195 PC, VL, MD, CE

220 TE, GS, MD, CE

285 NO, PC, TE, MD

Just My Humble Opinion  ;D

106 MD, GS, VL, PR

113 MD, NO, GS, PC

120 MD, GS, NO, WM

126 MD, GS, CE, NO

132 MD, GS, CE, VL

138 GS, MD, CE, PC

145 MD, PR, CE, PC

152 CE, MD, PC, NO

160 CE, TE, MD, NP

170 MD, TE, NO, PC

182 MD, TE, NO, GS

195 PC, VL, MD, CE

220 TE, GS, MD, CE

285 NO, PC, TE, MD

seems like you favor TE a little bit there

seems like you favor TE a little bit there

Yes  I have Three of them wrestling above their seed, and one of those is Tristen McDaniels and I am pretty sure if he had the "MD" on his singlet he would have got the seed that i believe he deserved. Not meaning to take anything from Forzley I just think Tristen is better. Also Heavy Weights anything can happen and most the time it seems a 5 or 6 come out in that class.

Just My Humble Opinion ;D

Yes  I have Three of them wrestling above their seed, and one of those is Tristen McDaniels and I am pretty sure if he had the "MD" on his singlet he would have got the seed that i believe he deserved. Not meaning to take anything from Forzley I just think Tristen is better. Also Heavy Weights anything can happen and most the time it seems a 5 or 6 come out in that class.

Well my humble opinion is your crazy, I don't like predicting cause anything can happen on that wrestling mat.  That being said normally you see those kids with the "MD" on their chest making those unexpected victories.  We will see saturday, but i agree your boldest predictions are 160 and hwt.  And.. they wont happen haha

how does that work?  if you have the "md" on your singlet, you get seeded a couple of places above what you deserve? 

There's really no difference between the 2nd and 3rd seed in the Sectional?  You end up wrestling each other regardless in the semis unless you're upset by a 5 or 6 seed. 

Jon H I completely agree with you on that point. It is definitely semantics. And I probably should not have said anything. It is just my humble opinion that when you get the 2 seed that you are upset if the 3 beats you and if you have the 3 seed that you got the upset if you beat the 2 seed. I that regard I was just saying the upset in my mind would be if McDaniels lost.

Jon H I completely agree with you on that point. It is definitely semantics. And I probably should not have said anything. It is just my humble opinion that when you get the 2 seed that you are upset if the 3 beats you and if you have the 3 seed that you got the upset if you beat the 2 seed. I that regard I was just saying the upset in my mind would be if McDaniels lost.

Your logic doesn't make since, if there two good wrestlers and then its not really an upest.  I bet forzely or mcdaniels can care less about their seed and will care more about their place at the end of the day to set them up for regionals.

Your logic doesn't make since, if there two good wrestlers and then its not really an upest.  I bet forzely or mcdaniels can care less about their seed and will care more about their place at the end of the day to set them up for regionals.

Just because there are two good wrestlers doesn't mean there won't be an upset. Just a hypothetical if next weekend Kelley (CE) losses to Miller (HH) would you not call that an upset? They are both really good wrestlers and their records reflect it, but I believe that if that happened people would consider that an upset. Is that logical?

Just my Opinion  ;D

Not that it matters between #2 and #3, but what was the criteria that made Forzley #2? Tristan has not wrestled him and he has a little bit of a better record. Was one of his looses to a kid Forzley beat?

I'll go ahead and say I predict the same thing at 160. McDaniel over Forzley this week, Forzley returns the favor at Regionals.

In the bleachers I'm taking no credit away from the kid from TE 38-2 is a great record. But if the MD was on his chest his record would not be the same. Those kids from MD wrestle one of the hardest schedules in the state.  I couldn't tell you who TE wrestled but I bet they didnt wrestle any Indiana team in the top 10.

Not that it matters between #2 and #3, but what was the criteria that made Forzley #2? Tristan has not wrestled him and he has a little bit of a better record. Was one of his looses to a kid Forzley beat?

I'll go ahead and say I predict the same thing at 160. McDaniel over Forzley this week, Forzley returns the favor at Regionals.

c.  Semi‐State quarterfinalist in IHSAA Tournament Series.

Forzley meet this criteria last year while McDaniel  lost to the Principal of Boonville High School.

Forzley had not beat the two guys McDaniel lost to.

106:  MD, VL, GS, PR

113:  MD, GS, NO, TE

120:  MD, NO, GS, WM

126:  MD, CE, NO, GS

132:  MD, CE, GS, VL

138:  CE, MD, GS, NO

145:  PR, MD, CE, PC

152:  CE, MD, NO, PC

160:  MD, CE, TE, NP

170:  TE, MD, NO, PR

182:  MD, TE, NO, GS

195:  VL, PC, CE, MD

220:  GS, MD, TE, CE

285:  NO, TE, PC, MD

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.