Delta Sectional

et1

Saw someone started a Jay County thread so I decided to get something going for Delta.

Any predictions?

going out on a limb and saying Yorktown wins lol.

103 stephenson (yt), richardson (delta), cassel (wd)

113 hiestand (yt), wills (ms)

120 laughlin (yt), torbush (wd)

126 mccormic (yt), prescott (win)

132 campbell (yt), ford (mon)

138 stephenson (yt), gill (wd)

145 rench (yt), bishop (wd), halcomb (win)

152 carroll (yt), gray (delta), underwood (win)

160 hiestand (yt), maddox (dale)

170 jackson (yt), evans (delta), richards (wd)

182 howard (yt), gough (win), quinn (wd)

195 hiestand (yt), hangen (win), thornburg (wd)

220 little (yt), phillips (mon), sofronko (win)

285 connell (mon), williams (win)

Really, Bigmak, Ytown will win EVERY weight class except heavy?

no they might win heave too, i just dont know who will wrestle heavy for yorktown right now ;)

but i still like ford...and monroe would have won one if ordonez was still there. that dude was good

At 145 last weekend Calhoun defeated Halcomb for the county championship.  I think he will place ahead of him.

also dont forget, just because calhoun beat halcomb last week doesnt mean halcomb wouldnt beat him this week. also, its a bracket, they dont necessarily even have to face each other for halcomb to finish ahead of him. sometime higher seeds get where they are based on winning % yet they arent the better wrestler. Yorktown faces crazy stiff competition all year long and have more losses but those are to ranked wrestlers. the other school face each other and have nice records, get higher seeds because of it, then are shocked they dont make it to the finals...i see it all the time.

Not at all out of the question, which ones is he wrong on?

.  Sorry, I refuse to be billboard fodder for someone right now.  Plus, I haven't seen any Yorktown matches.  So, my response would not really be an educated one.  There is 1 weight class that I would potentially be willing to bet on them not winning that he has chosen, but again I will reserve that until I see the seedings.

also dont forget, just because calhoun beat halcomb last week doesnt mean halcomb wouldnt beat him this week. also, its a bracket, they dont necessarily even have to face each other for halcomb to finish ahead of him. sometime higher seeds get where they are based on winning % yet they arent the better wrestler. Yorktown faces crazy stiff competition all year long and have more losses but those are to ranked wrestlers. the other school face each other and have nice records, get higher seeds because of it, then are shocked they dont make it to the finals...i see it all the time.

. You are right about that, but sometimes there are kids who don't get to face that competition, have a better win percentage, and are better wrestlers despite it.  Also, I would have to check, but Calhoun might have beaten Halcomb at ECIC too.

.  Sorry, I refuse to be billboard fodder for someone right now.  Plus, I haven't seen any Yorktown matches.  So, my response would not really be an educated one.  There is 1 weight class that I would potentially be willing to bet on them not winning that he has chosen, but again I will reserve that until I see the seedings.

its ok, i know who you are talking about and honestly, Kaiser Phillips just might win...i wouldnt be shocked at all

I have watched y-town wrestle and they are a very good team. but there could be  a few upsets tomorrow.....Don't count on them winning all classes, there are couple guys I truly believe can beat Y-town. if they are on their game ;) Williams from Winchester beat Y-towns heavy a couple weeks ago too, that gave him back to back wins over them two years in a row. But Williams is out for the rest of the season. (knee issues ) Also the 113 class should be interesting to say the least. Good luck too all wrestlers tomorrow

Well it was like we thought Y-town put all 14 kids in the finals....But like I said they di not win them all. Wills 113 from munice southside, Grant Gough Winchester, and the Heavy from Muncie Central Which I cant remember his name beat them. And A notable was Garret Calhoun from Monroe Central, he was really HOSED OVER by horrible officiating (sorry for spelling). That match was the worst in the finals. Congrats to all advancing wrestlers. Garret will get him at regionals.:)

You're right, Yorktown didn't win them all.  Only all 14 in the finals.  Wills won against then and deserved to.  Myron Howard did get upset and their heavyweight have up nearly 100 lbs.  Officiating was pretty bad all day,  but not sure you should come on here and boast about being right about them not winning them all.  They did pretty well and the three that lost were by a combined 4 points.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.