Mishawaka Wrestling Family in Need of Help

Coach Cornett

I apologize in advance for my first official post on the site being a plea for help, but one of our wrestlers and his family are in need.  Yesterday, a short time before his 3rd place match at the Al Smith Invitational, our heavyweight, Brandon Madera, was informed by a neighbor that his house was on fire.  Initially, he was unable to get in touch with his family, but later was able to contact them and found out that all 5 other family members were safe and unharmed.  Their house, however, was a total loss.  The family was left with only the clothes on their backs and a few other personal items.  The Mishawaka Wrestling Community is gathering clothes, planning meals and organizing a fundraiser, but for a family that has lost everything I wanted to try to appeal to a larger community… the Indiana Wrestling Community.  If you are able to help with donations in any way, the Madera family and Mishawaka Wrestling team would be forever grateful.  At the minimum, please keep the Madera family in your thoughts as they go through a very difficult time. 

My email contact information is shown below, as well as two of our Wrestling Club members.  Feel free to contact us.

Charlie Cornett –  ccornett44@aol.com

Sharon Forte – Sharon@Mishawakawrestling.com

Stacie Kensinger -  oliviaben1@sbcglobal.net

Thank you,

Coach Cornett   

I am meeting with the family later tonight to get additional information, but as of right now clothes and daily toiletry items (toothbrushes, toothpaste, etc) seem to be the biggest item of need.  The sizes they need are:

Men's Pants:

34X32

36X32

38X32

Men's Shirts:

XL and XXL

Men's Shoes:

11, 12, 13

Women's Pants:

Women's Shirts:

XXL

Women's shoes:

I will post additional information later.

Thanks,

Coach Cornett

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.