T.E.C.

NowAFan2010

New Predictions with updated weight class changes - added semi state rankings to ranked wrestlers

106 handley ne / purtha hag / sawyer cen / c newton lin / frantz win

***handley might not break a sweat

113 coffman uco / miller tri / markley cen / j hangen win / albritton ne

***top 3 are close but cam has the skills to pull the win off. one little mistake though or slightly underestimating miller or markley, either   

one have the ability to upset coffman

120 jenkinson cen / mcclurg uco / Craft tri / j newton lin (ss11 @ 113) / thompson win / cline uci

***not much separates the top 4 but I say it comes down to the ol rival of jenkinson and mcclurg. jenkinson won last year @ 113. 

craft was runner up last year @ 120. newton was a runner up last year @ 106

126 bowers uco / phillips cen / roach hag / prescott win / baker uci / dargie ne / ogle lin

*** bowers should take this but phillips wont make it easy on him

132 michaels cen / isaacs tri / downey uci / anderson ne / redd uco / moistner lin / kolp win

***michaels should take this but isaacs cant be overlooked

138 killion cen (ss6 @ 145) / scholl hag / halcomb win / stuckey uci / reffitt uco / brush ne

***Killion should not have any problems here

145 cox hag (ss7 @145) / gorman tri / tipton cen / oswald uco / mcnew ne / mull cen / eley uci

***cox is just too good and won last year @ 138. Gormans strength tops tipton who was a TEC champ last year @ 126

152 burelison cen / ring uci / hartmann ne / underwood win / dearth uco / nuekam lin

***should be a great match. burelison looks pretty good right now. Havent seen ring this year yet but last year i was impressed

160 anguiano uci / jordan cen / schwab ne / rihm lin / blake tri / klingel win / hertel uco

***another good match and jordan is very underrated. top 5 of these guys arent very far apart though. #5 in that list, Blake, was a

runner up last year @ 160

170 aquino uco / baron uci / halcomb win / hale cen / haager ne / atkinson lin

***aquino takes it and shouldnt have much of a sweat although baron was a runner up last year @ 170

182 gough win / robinson cen (ss10 @ 182) / terriquez uci / cook tri / strait uco / mosley ne / usher lin

***grough won last year @ 170 and should take this but the good one would be robinsons strength vs terriquezs quickness and

technical skills. Robinson was a runner up last year @ 220

195 hangen win / calderon cen / roach hag / bryant uco / burke uci / dunaway lin

***if calderon gets lazy and doesnt wrestle with a sense of urgency as he does sometimes, hangen could take it easily. but calderon

was a runner up last year @ 195 and has the skills to win, if his head is in it and he listens to his coaches

220 sofronko win / utt tri / deloney cen / moore uci / owen ne / parker uco / bleymehl lin

***sofronco took it last year fairly easily and should have less of a challenge this year

285 williams win / henry uci / creigmile cen / minges uco

***Williams has owned Henry but it keeps getting closer

Wes Craft is prolly going 26. He beat Javon Phillips in the first minute at Rushville.

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Winchester had 2 champions (Gough and Hangen) and 3 2nd placers (Thompson, Sofranko, and Williams)

Union City had 1 champion (Anguiano) and 1 runner-up (Burke). 

Congrats to them..

Still think Prescott is looking solid at 126..

Anyone else have any predictions? Where is everyone in the coming weeks?

Okay so Prescott is a freshman and I've seen him at a lot of off season tourneys but he's never really impressed me. But I do see a lot ot potential in him, just from his style but he's still a very scrappy wrestler. Coffman will have no trouble at 113 but Miller could catch him if Coffman tries to be fancy and/or out muscle him. Just a little bit of my opinions. Lol

Would not be shocked at all to see craft win it. Phillips is learning and getting great experience. He had bowers beat at spartan but bowers experience won that match. Phillips is wrestling varsity first time this year. Everyday that goes by until conference, Phillips is improving. He is getting better every single match.

How bad do you want it!?! 3 weeks from conference, 4 from sectional, HOW BAD DO YOU WANT IT? GONNA REST ON YOUR LAURELS WHY YOUR DREAMS AND GOALS AND ASPERATIONS PASS YOU BY?  GONNA WAIT TIL NEXT YEAR OR ARE YOU GONNA STEP UP AND TAKE WHAT COULD AND SHOULD BE YOURS.IT TAKES 110%  24/7 ALWAYS WORKING AS HARD AT PRACTICE NOT STOPPING WHEN YOUR BODY AND MIND SAYS TO. KEEP PUSHIN KEEP PUSHIN. IT WILL COME AND  GO QUICKLY ,ARE YOU PREPARED. TEN MORE SIT OUTS 20 MORE SWITCHES  40 ESCAPES  PUSH PUSH PUSH . HOW BAD DO YOU WANT IT. WHEN HE CROSSFACES YOU ON A SINGLE LEG WILL YOU IGNORE THE PAIN AND DRIVE THROUGH OR WILL YOU BACK OUT. PAIN IS TEMPORARY HOW BAD DO YOU WANT IT BOYS, PUUUUUSSSSH!

I think you must know the answer to that Chad. Its caveman style down here (hammer throws, sling shots).  Not as advanced as your  big Indy schools but hey david beat goliath a couple times. Boys of the TEC, that should feel like a slap in the face you have nothing to lose.  Tack that comment to your wall and read it everyday.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say Tipton comes in second and could win it because of how physical he is... Also I say craft or Philips win at 26 , luck can't strike twice. Also I say Holcomb over baron

no way can tipton hang with cox...not even close. killion destroys tipton...tipton cant even score on killion at all. killion and cox are about even. therefore no way can tipton take cox. the rest of your predictions I can see happening

I'm just saying Tipton is in controll if he can get his opponents to fall into his kind of match, and for Holcomb and barons weren't they a close match? And I'm just going doff my gutt saying craft will win and it will be Philips in the finals

tiptons style of wrestling is sloppy and uncontrolled. he has a lot of success against the average wrestler and below by doing a lot of high risk moves He cant rely on that style against wrestlers like cox who are way better than average and experienced. They will make him pay for those high risk moves.

baron and halcomb was very close. my info says baron pinned halcomb when he was down 10-11.

your scenario might not be possible for craft/phillips/bowers...bowers having a win (barely) over phillips at spartan gives him a top seed going into conference. craft also has a win over phillips so I see the seeding going bowers with one, craft with 2 and phillips with 3. therefore craft and phillips would have to probably wrestle each other to get to the finals :(

Since craft beat Philips by pin the 1 seed will go to him

interesting...i assumed at some point before conference that bowers had a win over craft this year. in this case, that does make things interesting. If craft is the #1 seed then he will breeze to the finals and await the winner of phillips/bowers...I say phillips gets him the next time. WOW

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.