Certified Weight

MatDad21

I know this has been topic in past but, just same basic ?'s . 

1. When fat test has to be done by?

2. Can you re-certify? and if yes by when?

3. Sure there are more ?'s if anyone has them.

Just wanted to get topic started because test should be starting soon.

Thanks in advance .

• 1 month later...

I emailed Mr. Faulkens about re-certifying.  He said a request had to be sent and that request goes through him.  He also said it needed to be a valid reason to re-certify.  I asked about a kid re-certifying and he responded saying it was not a valid reason...seems pretty undefined to me.

I went by this:

"The state's weight-control program shall require each wrestler to establish a certified minimum weight and prohibit recertification at a lower weight during the season."

- NFHS Rules, Rule 1 Section 5 Article 3

If there is something else published, please post that so I can know the state's opinion.

I emailed Mr. Faulkens about re-certifying.  He said a request had to be sent and that request goes through him.  He also said it needed to be a valid reason to re-certify.  I asked about a kid re-certifying and he responded saying it was not a valid reason...seems pretty undefined to me.

What was your reason, if I may ask? 

Sorry for the late response.  We had a kid who could have easily certified at 126.  He just missed the cutoff and I told him not to worry about certifying there unless he really wanted to.  We had a few kids there and one quit, another injured, and another took forever to get there.  Now, the wrestler is regretting not certifying 126 and due to injuries and a quitter he asked me to inquire if he could.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.