what would you do to get to state?

WrestlingMan2

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

what defines an illegal bow an arrow? lmao never have I seen a ref give another kid a point in a match for running an "illegal" cradle  ::). Should have been a potentially dangerous it sounds like and if luginbill couldnt continue the match malcolm moves on.

If the choice was up to the trainer, I feel like everybody can agree that Luginbill wasn't to blame. If you're going to blame anybody, I would say blame the trainer if you think she doesn't know how to do her job. Maybe blame the ref if you think he made a bad call. Don't blame the kid. He did nothing wrong and everybody is jumping on his case.

Even if the trainer says he can't continue the coaches and/or the kid can decide to not accept a disqualification.  See the Heritage Hills coaches and their 220lber from last year at state in the quarter-finals for reference.

You are telling me that you would let a kid who used an illegal move (the ref ruled it illegal, a point was awarded) on you, that the kid should be rewarded? You are saying you should be rewarded for hurting somebody outside of the rules. Especially with the match being close, I don't think I could say I would say that I would throw away my dream for him.

You are telling me that you would let a kid who used an illegal move (the ref ruled it illegal, a point was awarded) on you, that the kid should be rewarded? You are saying you should be rewarded for hurting somebody outside of the rules. Especially with the match being close, I don't think I could say I would say that I would throw away my dream for him.

Dude why are you so convinced it was close?? it was a minute into the match. I think everyone but you knows who wins that match. it wasnt close. It was a blown call. Malcolm got screwed. Luginbill got a free pass to state.

Even if the trainer says he can't continue the coaches and/or the kid can decide to not accept a disqualification.  See the Heritage Hills coaches and their 220lber from last year at state in the quarter-finals for reference.

The ac coaches shouldve asked for your opinion... you have all the right answers ;)

Dude why are you so convinced it was close?? it was a minute into the match. I think everyone but you knows who wins that match. it wasnt close. It was a blown call. Malcolm got screwed. Luginbill got a free pass to state.

haha excatly right man it will teach more kids to do that now

Back in 2004 in the ticket round one of my kids picked up and put a kid down hard to the mat and ref ruled it an illegal slam.  Thankfully his coaches told him to get up and he wasn't going to win like that.

As a coach I love to win, but I like to win the right way.

Oh, my bad. My memory must be fooling me. What was the score when the match was over? I believe (and I am right) that the score was 2-1. THAT IS A BLOWOUT! THAT MATCH WAS OVER!......................... Everybody but me knows that a 2-1 match in the first period is over. Wow...... I am one stupid old man.... (if you couldn't catch that, sarcasm was used in that post, dude)  ::)

The kid should have said he could wrestle.  The trainer bases the decision on what the kid says.

Exactly. My little brother has his shoulder dislocated. the trainer struggles to get it back in and he has to lay down to get it to finally go back in with little time left on the inj. clock.  Guess what? He says im good. they stop the inj. time and he wins the match. seems like if the trainer controls the match then he wouldnt have been allowed to finish.  ::)

Back in 2004 in the ticket round one of my kids picked up and put a kid down hard to the mat and ref ruled it an illegal slam.  Thankfully his coaches told him to get up and he wasn't going to win like that.

As a coach I love to win, but I like to win the right way.

You are right. I am all for winning the right way, but if the trainer ruled him out, he can't get back up and wrestle. He is done for that match.

Oh, my bad. My memory must be fooling me. What was the score when the match was over? I believe (and I am right) that the score was 2-1. THAT IS A BLOWOUT! THAT MATCH WAS OVER!......................... Everybody but me knows that a 2-1 match in the first period is over. Wow...... I am one stupid old man.... (if you couldn't catch that, sarcasm was used in that post, dude)  ::)

Oh ya his one point is the illegal cradle? And it was 2-1 at the end cause it was a one minute match.... not to sure that was sarcasm in ur previous post.. ;)