what would you do to get to state?

WrestlingMan2

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There are some things that must be clarified here.  Not in regards to whether the move was legal or illegal, but what happens when it was declared illegal. 

You now go to RECOVERY TIME... not injury.  There are distinctive differences between the two.  In this case is that RECOVERY lasts a maximum of two minutes.  If at the end of the two minutes, the injured wrestler cannot continue, he SHALL be awarded the match by default (Rule 8-2-2).  The injured wrestler may not default to his opponent since the injury was the result of a judged illegal act.  The match would have to be legally restarted, and at that time a default to the opponent could be given.

As far as the trainer being overruled, that is a specific rule we must abide to as officials... Rule 8-2-5..  "A designated, onsite, appropriate health care professional who determines a wrestler should not participate, shall not be overruled."

I am a member of the Kaine Luginbill family and I feel I can speak on behalf of all of us.....yesterday was a serious events of misfortune.  Malcolm who  is a fantastic wrestler has ended his career in a very sad way.  And there are mixed emotions on the advancement of Kaine based on circumstances.  We do understand all the frustration verbalized on this forum and have even said we would not  know how we would feel if Spencer was our family.  I am sure anger and  frustration would be among the emotions.  I do know we, as a family, would not publicly humiliate, yell at or post negative comments or remarks about others.  We, as adults do need to remember WE are the role models to our children and need to teach them the right way to behave.  Booing any young person at a sporting event should not happen and we would appreciate any of you who are feeling angry and decide to attend the state finals to think for a moment about the impact you may have on younger children that may be watching you behave in a negative manner.  My heart goes out to  Spencer Malcolm!

Thank you for this reality check.  I hope everyone who reads/posts on this thread reads your comment and thinks seriously about your points.  Most of the time I spend on this site is mindless fun, but you supplied us all with an important reminder.

They should define intent/flagrant or non-intentional.

In this situation why couldn't they just resume the match before that round ended? Say at the end

Of the heavy weights? I'm sure the criteria isn't there for that, but we could come up with some!?!?

Just trying to see both sides and bring it back to two wrestlers on the mat deciding the win! We all know the saying, " that's why you wrestle the match or play the game." We ve all seen people getting caught or having a bad day or having a great day! So until the match is over....it isn't over.

Sure would be nice if your wrestlers parents were as classy as you y2... threatening a 16 year old kid in a locker room.. what a great program. ???

First u try saying stuff about carroll at conference being warned about their bow and arrow cradles. now calling the garrett program crap. Accusing a parent of threatening luginbill is pretty bold.

HSE wrestler also lost a match to Perry kid yesterday in similar way.  Looked scary the perry man was laying down not moving and the match was called. HSE lost his ticket match on that.  perry came back and won another match later on to go to state

First u try saying stuff about carroll at conference being warned about their bow and arrow cradles. now calling the garrett program crap. Accusing a parent of threatening luginbill is pretty bold.

First of all the kid being threatened in the locker room is very true... pretty pathetic... that is the bold part about it not me bringing it to peoples attention... and secondly the other was a question.. wanted to see if it was true that's all. Didnt say I believed it

I am the head coach at Carroll High School.  First off, I am heart broken for Spencer.  I have coached and watched him wrestle since he was in elementary school.  I also have him in class where he excels as a student.  Spencer you will not get over this but you will get through it, and in the end you will become a man of character for it.  I was not at the mat when this happened, as I was coaching one of Spencer's teammates.  So it was hard for me to argue the call of a back bow.  There is no question in my mind after watching the tape it is clearly not a back bow, and should have been called potentially dangerous.  It is not my intension to question the honor or character of the Adam Central program in public, but if this were my wrestler or even son he would have finished the match regardless of what the trainer said.  Second, as far a this silly notion of a special meeting about Carroll wrestling and back bows, give me a break.  I, my coaches or wrestler don't practice, teach, or drill back bows.  I am a man of high character and the suggestion that we teach this move or promote it is insulting.  Spencer in my heart you are a State Champion!

Scott Raypole

Carroll Wrestling 

I am the head coach at Carroll High School.  First off, I am heart broken for Spencer.  I have coached and watched him wrestle since he was in elementary school.  I also have him in class where he excels as a student.  Spencer you will not get over this but you will get through it, and in the end you will become a man of character for it.  I was not at the mat when this happened, as I was coaching one of Spencer's teammates.  So it was hard for me to argue the call of a back bow.  There is no question in my mind after watching the tape it is clearly not a back bow, and should have been called potentially dangerous.  It is not my intension to question the honor or character of the Adam Central program in public, but if this were my wrestler or even son he would have finished the match regardless of what the trainer said.  Second, as far a this silly notion of a special meeting about Carroll wrestling and back bows, give me a break.  I, my coaches or wrestler don't practice, teach, or drill back bows.  I am a man of high character and the suggestion that we teach this move or promote it is insulting.  Spencer in my heart you are a State Champion!

Scott Raypole

Carroll Wrestling

8)

Why is this thread still on here on when last week a thread was taken down almost immediately about a bad call at the Perry Regional? That one simply questioned a referee. This has questioned a wrestler, coaching staff, trainers, and a referee.

Scott Raypole

Carroll Wrestling

that doesn't sound like a very smart thing to do......if the trainer says no and you make him go out, and he seriously injures himself more, you sir will be in a lot of trouble......according to a post above, if the trainer says no, you as a coach cannot over rule him.....

I am a member of the Kaine Luginbill family and I feel I can speak on behalf of all of us.....yesterday was a serious events of misfortune.  Malcolm who  is a fantastic wrestler has ended his career in a very sad way.  And there are mixed emotions on the advancement of Kaine based on circumstances.  We do understand all the frustration verbalized on this forum and have even said we would not  know how we would feel if Spencer was our family.  I am sure anger and  frustration would be among the emotions.  I do know we, as a family, would not publicly humiliate, yell at or post negative comments or remarks about others.  We, as adults do need to remember WE are the role models to our children and need to teach them the right way to behave.  Booing any young person at a sporting event should not happen and we would appreciate any of you who are feeling angry and decide to attend the state finals to think for a moment about the impact you may have on younger children that may be watching you behave in a negative manner.  My heart goes out to  Spencer Malcolm!

you have to realize that there are a lot of "adults" on this forum who aren't bright enough to realize that attacking a 16 year old whom they don't even know isn't right......it just makes them feel tuff i guess......this situation was totally a bad call by the ref and could have easily been avoided......

Seems like this thread hasn't been locked because Y2 has a bone to pick... a week ago a thread about a kid allegedly injury defaulting a match at regionals to get a better draw at semi-state got locked after one page, seems like this deserves the same treatment.

I really don’t think too many people are attacking the kid. I think they are pretty much attacking the situation or event that occurred. It sounds like most people are putting this on his coach not a young kid in the heat of the moment in one of the most important matches in his life.

Obviously you can’t reward someone for injuring a wrestler with a blatant illegal move (not that this occurred here.) However, there does need to be a rule that if you are too injured to continue, you can accept the win but you must injury default the remainder of your matches.

I agree it sucks for the young man who’s career is over, but getting lost in this argument is that he did something illegal (as judged by the referee.)  That’s not on the kid, or the coach. It’s just a judgment call, and we all know referee’s are not perfect, and this is certainly not the first time someone may have missed a judgment call.