what would you do to get to state?

WrestlingMan2

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cradle ruled a bow and arrow and then the score was 2-1... wanted to set the time frame correctly.

A bow and arrow isn't illegal.  At least the ones I have seen coached.  So I am not sure what you are talking about.

He can still not accept the disqualification and let the other kid go on.

Takes me back to state 2 years ago and Jimmy West from South Adams was DQ'd on saturday morning after a very petty call by an official and the kid he was wrestling pleaded to the ref to not let the match end that way..and to no avail, Jimmy was disqualified in what truly has to be one of officiating's worst moments..

Oh ya his one point is the illegal cradle? And it was 2-1 at the end cause it was a one minute match.... not to sure that was sarcasm in ur previous post.. ;)

There is a reason there are 3 periods. How many times have you seen a person down 2-0 (let's assume the illegal move never happens and Luginbill doesn't get an escape) come back and win? Now, I am not saying that would happen, but I am not saying it wouldn't. Isaiah Bradley took down his guy in the finals today within 20 seconds. Sounds like it would be a blow out match. Ended up being 4-6 and his opponent had a chance to win it. No match is over.

I think if luginbill was so fine and dandy to wrestle the later matches it would be fair to have an exhibition match this week between him and malcolm to decide if the alternate (malcolm) should replace him at state. then we can see who would have won that match.... truely.

Mr unbiase are you sure ur not mr luginbill in disguise

Nope. Just the only one here that isn't so quick to judge but quick to listen. So, yeah, the only unbiased one here. I just hate to see a bunch of grown men that are supposed to be role models rip apart a 16 year kid. Whatever makes you feel better about the outcome and yourselves... So, let's boo him. Seems right? A 16 year old kid makes a choice you don't agree with, so, instead of ever considering finding out the facts, caring about what he was thinking, you rip him while hiding behind a computer screen. Bravo men. Classy.

Whatever you say master. You know all. You do all right. You are perfect. Judge away.

I know quite a bit, thank you very much :)

Good luck to Mr. Luginbill, there is a thing called karma and right now after this week I don't think many hunter or turtle towners are big fans of the family.

its easy. the trainer made the call should have made him get exrays on hjs back and remove him from tournment. Also the other wrestler loses he match on an illegal move niether move on.

ha. Exactly. If he didn't continue in the tournament then Malcolm would have came back and been the alternate and made it to state. Which may still happen if luginbill is really hurt and something is actually wrong.

Mr. Caprino  you seem to think you know all about something in which you know very little.  Last I checked I thought referees made the decisions about what was legal and what wasn't.  I don't know how a ref can blow a call on what you say is a cross faced cradle.  The bow and arrow and cross faced cradle seem to be very different moves.  Also for a little clarification.  Luginbill was telling the trainer he wanted to finish to match, but the trainer told him he was not wrestling.  So put yourself in his shoes.  You work your butt off all year for this match to have someone put you in an illegal move and be told you can't finish the match even though you know you can.  It was not up to the kid.  It was 100% up to the trainer.  Why should Luginbill throw his season down the drain for something that was 0% his fault.  It's unfortunate what happened but Luginbill is not to blame.  The entire crowd was booing him the rest of the day and the crowd doesn't even know the real story.  He's a 16 year old kid and I'm pretty sure he handled it well and appeared to apologize to Malcomb.  It's sad how all the "Mature" adults handled the situation.  Booing a sixteen year old kid should make you feel really good.  If anyones wants to be mad at someone, blame the trainer.  Luginbill had no part in "faking" his way into state.