New Castle Preview...

Dingo Brigade

...is ready and available on the site....http://www.indianamat.com/new-castle-preview/2013/02/

Very sorry for the delay and thanks to those who helped

Hmmm so Robbie Elsea gets to wrestle 138 and 145??? Is he fast enuf?

Dingo – I appreciate the preview;I’m sure that took a lot of work, and it was done well.

Your picks on the other hand – WOW. That was about as worthless as watching President Obama fill out his NCAA bracket. With the exception of just a few guys you went with the chalk and just picked all of the highest seeds. You don’t see any upsets, and every ‘alpha-dog’ is the highest seed. As Chris Berman would say “C’mon Man.”

So picks should be the zaniest picks that will never happen to be good? Because the 4 seed winning semistate makes a great story but it almost never happens. I picked who I honestly thought would win. In some cases, it was one guy over another or another two by an eyelash. Picking someone to beat Sliga, James, LeCount, Red, et al is just dumb. Could it happen? Of course, but it's not likely at all. If you feel strongly that all the chalk favorites are going to lose, that's great. Post your picks, and we will compare results.

Silly complaint.

Dingo – I appreciate the preview;I’m sure that took a lot of work, and it was done well.

Your picks on the other hand – WOW. That was about as worthless as watching President Obama fill out his NCAA bracket. With the exception of just a few guys you went with the chalk and just picked all of the highest seeds. You don’t see any upsets, and every ‘alpha-dog’ is the highest seed. As Chris Berman would say “C’mon Man.”

Haha always a critic, never the talent

Bernard has a little better offense, Winfield has better defense.

I have watched these two this year and I agree these two are great wrestlers but both matches they split was 3-2 over time matches coming down to escapes.  So its safe to say that these two are equal all around offensive and defensive. Will be a great match I will be there pop corn in hand.

I don’t know about always the critic. Maybe always the discussion – hence the “discussion” in discussion board. 

Again with this weak argument. I say it’s lame to totally pick the chalk almost at 97%. And the response is “picks should be the zaniest picks that will never happen - to be good.”

No. I didn’t say they should all be totally wacky. I simply thought we could discuss that the results are not usually just the top 4 seeds. I didn’t realize we couldn’t discuss that.

Anyhow – like I said – the preview was great.

I think it's just your perception..

103 Chad Red and a #2, #3 and #4 seed

113 Chalk on 3 and an unranked #2 seed

120 1 chalk, a #2 and 2 #3s

126, 138, 152, 285 4 Chalk, but you can't really argue against it

132 LeCount, 1 additional #1, 1#2 and 1#3

145 4 #1, but one of them is unranked, who I picked over a #8 ranked and #19 ranked kid, two other #1s have to get by ranked kids

160 #2 seed, a 1 seed lower ranked than his potential ticket opponent and McCloskey and Rypel

170 Probably the toughest weight to figure, took a #1 who has to beat an almost equally ranked opponent, 2 #3 seeds and a #2 seed

182 a #3, a #2, 2 #1s

195 Sliga, the number 5 ranked kid, a #2 seed and a #3 seed over the #1 and a ranked kid

220 3 #1s, and a #2 over a top-10 ranked #1 seed

Just think you're mistaken, is all

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.