SIAC tournament and seeding

Jon H

I thought I would start a new thread since the other SIAC discussion was all over the place.

Here is my stab at the #1 Seeds.  It's difficult to put together in the absence of individual results posted from Evansville.

106:  Ferguson - Reitz

113:  Kuhn - Reitz

120:  Johnson - MD

126:  Welch - Castle

132:  Wedding - Memorial

138:  Kemper - Central

145:  Kelley - Central

152:  No idea?  I would like to see Wimpleberg drop.

160:  Parkinson - MD

170:  Schneider - MD

182:  Lane - North

195:  ??

220:  ??  Not sure about MD kid coming back?  I guess Barnes - Memorial?

285:  Wright - MD

Help me out people.  I'm not sure about head to heads, weight changes, etc.

I thought I would start a new thread since the other SIAC discussion was all over the place.

Here is my stab at the #1 Seeds.   It's difficult to put together in the absence of individual results posted from Evansville.

106:   Ferguson - Reitz

113:   Kuhn - Reitz

120:   Johnson - MD

126:   Welch - Castle

132:   Wedding - Memorial

138:   Kemper - Central

145:   Kelley - Central

152:   No idea?  I would like to see Wimpleberg drop.

160:   Parkinson - MD

170:   Schneider - MD

182:   Lane - North

195:   ??

220:   ??  Not sure about MD kid coming back?  I guess Barnes - Memorial?

285:   Wright - MD

Heard from multiple people that Collins (MD 220) is done for the year. I noticed he still had a huge splint on his arm at Reitz/MD dual. 220 will be Pace(Central)/Barnes(Memorial) 1 & 2. Don't know who won head to head. Hammonds(Reitz) should be 3.

Here is my stab at the #1 Seeds.   It's difficult to put together in the absence of individual results posted from Evansville.

106:   Ferguson - Reitz

113:   Kuhn - Reitz

120:   Johnson - MD

126:   Welch - Castle

132:   Wedding - Memorial

138:   Kemper - Central

145:   Kelley - Central

152:   No idea?  I would like to see Wimpleberg drop.

160:   Parkinson - MD

170:   Schneider - MD

182:   Lane - North

195:   ??

220:   ??  Not sure about MD kid coming back?  I guess Barnes - Memorial?

285:   Wright - MD

For the first time in a long time, the SIAC looks to be pretty flat.  Not meaning to take anything away from the kids, but we have has a nice run of some hotly contested weight classes from beginning to end over the last few years and it hasn't been just one team walking off with it all.  With a couple of excepts, 152 and up could be interesting.

For the first time in a long time, the SIAC looks to be pretty flat.   Not meaning to take anything away from the kids, but we have has a nice run of some hotly contested weight classes from beginning to end over the last few years and it hasn't been just one team walking off with it all.  With a couple of excepts, 152 and up could be interesting.

Wow, I sure don't see it that way.  106, 126 and 145 have big favorites.  Other than that, every weight class is very competitive

I agree with hook and 1/2

It kind of goes to what I said. There is literally a 2 man race for every weight and everyone else is fighting for 3rd. I hope there are some surprises but from what matches I have seen there is a big fall off after the top 2. One exceptions is 113 with Mastison. I could see him knocking off Brown.

Wow, I sure don't see it that way.  106, 126 and 145 have big favorites.  Other than that, every weight class is very competitive

I think what was intended was that the level of competition falls off greatly in most weight classes.  There are quiet a few Semi-State caliber kids, and more than a handful of State placers in the field.  Not unusual but this year the teams are not as stacked as they have been over the last few years.

It's not uncommon for the best wrestling of the day to come in the quarter and semi finals and the consolation brackets.  Usually because it is more competitive before the front runner wins the finals.  anything can happen though.

It kind of goes to what I said. There is literally a 2 man race for every weight and everyone else is fighting for 3rd. I hope there are some surprises but from what matches I have seen there is a big fall off after the top 2. One exceptions is 113 with Mastison. I could see him knocking off Brown.

Anyone over looking Mastison is CRAZY.

SIAC Seeds

1. Ferguson, Rz

2. Clem, MD

3. Phillips, Ce

4. McNett, Ha

1. Kuhn, Rz

2. Mastison, Ha

3. Brown, Cas

4. Arney, Me

1. Johnson, MD

2. Davis, Rz

3. Wargel. Me

4. McCormick, Ce

1. Welch, Cas

2. Todrank, Rz

3. Jourdan, Md

4. McDaniel, Ce

1. Wedding, Me

2. Johns, Rz

3. Miering, Cas

4. Pierre, MD

1. Kemper, Ce

2. Schnell, Cas

3. Schroeder, MD

4. Reese, Rz

1. Kelley, Ce

2. Weinzapfel, MD

3. Riegel, Rz

4. Petrig, Me

1. Henshaw, Me

2. Forzley, MD

3. Witte, Cas

4. Smith, Ce

1. 160

2. Parkinson, MD

3. Wimpelberg, Rz

4. Jeffress, Cas

5. Williams, Me

1. Schneider, MD

2. Lockyear, Cas

3. Francis, No

4. Merriweather, Bo

1. Lane, No

2. Bassemier, MD

3. Myers, Rz

4. Stotlar, Me

1. Brown, Me

2. Neblett, Bo

3. Hart, Ce

4. Montgomery, Cas

1. Barnes, Me

2. Pace, Ce

3. Hammonds, Rz

4. Greenwell, No

1. Wright, MD

2. Hohl, Ce

3. Powell, No

4. Kyles, Ha

113-  This bracket is loaded.  Arney vs. Lehman in the first round should be a dandy.

126-  Braye vs Jourdan will be the best first round match-up of the tournament.  The winner will likely get Todrank, which will be another thriller.

132-  Five high-quality entrants in this bracket; three of them are 2x state qualifiers.

138-  Look for #3 Schroeder and #2 Schnell in the semis for an entertaining rematch.

145-  Is Kelley healthy? 

160-  Parkinson and Wimpelberg will have another battle in the finals.

220-  #3 seed Hammonds vs. #2 Pace will be a great semis match.

285-  Will Nathan Wright be on the mat?  If not, look for Hohl and Powell in the finals.

Who do you like?  If you aren't ready for the full six minutes, you best stay home!  Seeds are seeds; the only thing that matters is who is on top of the podium.

Who do you expect to be dominate tomorrow?  WrestleMan, I know you have an opinion.  Your the man!  BlueBolt (if that's your real name), come out and play.  I won't make fun of your wrestling cliches.  I promise.  This time is different.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.