WrestleMan vs. BlueBolt

hook and half

The board has been strangely quiet this year about the Central sectional vs. Castle Sectional.  As the "accuracy" champion from last year's regional picks, WrestleMan has the pressure to make it happen again.

However, there's a catch....

Realignment!

Politcally, gentlemen, you should tread lightly.  WrestleMan, you are losing a lot of power from the old Central sectional to the Castle sectional.  Are you willing to stipulate that the Castle sectional may now be tougher?

BlueBolt,  if you claim that Castle is tougher, WrestleMan may state the cause being from the talent injection from the Central sectional.

Get your tongues sharpened and those brains a crankin!  Go to your corners and come out swinging!

I'm not willing to make any predictions or concessions at this point.  We are still very, very early in the season with no results yet to ponder over.  It's obvious the Central sectional is losing quite a bit of talent with Reitz, Memorial and several other quality teams moving to Castle, but I'll have to see what the Castle sectional is sending our way.  I know, prior to realignment, the Castle sectional had some of the hardest working teams in the state and many individuals who were ready to make some noise, but it just never panned out for them.  The question now is, are they ready to give it a full six minutes?  I guess only time will tell, because the only ranking that really matters is the one at Banker's Life in February. 

• 3 weeks later...

Still no BlueBolt....

Is it possible that BlueBolt's team has been shipped to the Evansville Central sectional, and in a state of abject depression, he has shaved his head and become a monk?

I'm giving BlueBolt a standing eight count.  If I get to eight, i'm declaring WrestleMan as the winner.

I have no idea what all of this is about, but the Central VS Castle argument is rediculous now.  The Castle sectional is the far stronger of the two.  Central will give it a go against Mater Dei, but after round one everyone else is wrestling for 2-4 at the Castle regional with a few exceptions.  I certainly don't mean to slight any of the kids, but realistically speaking Mater Dei will bring 14 high seeds into the regional thanks to who ever decided this realignment most benefitted their own purposes. 

As for the Castle sectional, it's way to early to venture a guess but I see Memorial winning it, with Castle Hertiage Hills and maybe Reitz fighting it out for the remaining the top 4 spots.

It's a shame this is so screwed up now.  I hate it for the regional and the semi state. 

I have no idea what all of this is about, but the Central VS Castle argument is rediculous now.   The Castle sectional is the far stronger of the two.  Central will give it a go against Mater Dei, but after round one everyone else is wrestling for 2-4 at the Castle regional with a few exceptions.  I certainly don't mean to slight any of the kids, but realistically speaking Mater Dei will bring 14 high seeds into the regional thanks to who ever decided this realignment most benefitted their own purposes. 

As for the Castle sectional, it's way to early to venture a guess but I see Memorial winning it, with Castle Hertiage Hills and maybe Reitz fighting it out for the remaining the top 4 spots.

It's a shame this is so screwed up now.  I hate it for the regional and the semi state. 

I really couldn't agree more.  If what I have heard is true, it is embarrassing to be an alum of a certain west side program.  But I wish the kids well and I am sure they will give it their best.

The great news is the Central sectional should be over in time for everyone to head to Castle for the Semi and Final rounds.

I really couldn't agree more.  If what I have heard is true, it is embarrassing to be an alum of a certain west side program.  But I wish the kids well and I am sure they will give it their best.

The great news is the Central sectional should be over in time for everyone to head to Castle for the Semi and Final rounds.

I don't think it will be quite that bad, but I don't understand what was gained by just flipping the sectionals they way they did. 

I have seen politics played in wrestling for many years and it never seems to end well for those who the sport is intended.  I hope this is a case of trying to get a head by ducking out.

In the end, you have to wrestle and that is all that matters.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.