OTTs

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hildebrandt gets a late takedown to steal the first period. She. Is wrestling very aggressively and Jacobson used her aggression against her to put her to her back countering a Sarah shot. Third and ddcisive match. Hildebrandt has already done a phenomenal job. Big takedown and backs for Jacobson, leads 3-0. Sarah will have to really go big to win this. Another Jacobson TD, time running out. Jacobson wins last period 6-0. Outstanding job by Hildebrandt. She will be a force on the national scene the next four years

Howe wins first period 1-0, despite a full splits by Taylor. Howe gets a td to start the 2nd and then exposure points and another td. In full control. Devildog was right, I had nothing to worry about. He cruises into the semis against either brown or caldwell.

The Iowa faithful seem to really like Howe and they seem to dislike Taylor.

Great day so far by Indiana wrestlers

Don't worry, Matt, I have my laptop here. I'm just waiting for a lull in the action to go grab it out of the media room.

Howe owes Caldwell some payback. Paulson looked phenomenal in taking out Rogers. Dake and Marable was a beauty, too. Marable won the ball choice and somehow Dake put Marable down despite bouncing on just one leg. Carver-hawkeye went nuts. They seem to like Dake and Howe a lot compared with most other non-Iowans

Howe wins first period 1-0, despite a full splits by Taylor. Howe gets a td to start the 2nd and then exposure points and another td. In full control. Devildog was right, I had nothing to worry about. He cruises into the semis against either brown or caldwell.

The Iowa faithful seem to really like Howe and they seem to dislike Taylor.

Great day so far by Indiana wrestlers

Thanks for updates!! Track isn't working for me, so please keep them coming!

I knew Howe would be too much for Taylor!! Just glad I was right!! Hope Howe can get into rematch with Burroughs Howe healthier then before I rrally think he can beat him! Let's go Andrew!!

Howe looked as quick and confident as I've seen him in quite a while. Obviously, he still has his famous defensive skills as well. Taylor couldnt get a whiff of a takedown against him.

Hildebrandt going to balldraw...loses the ball grab, loses first period to isbell. Unless your name is Kyle Dake, you're kind of screwed if you lose the drawing of the ball.

another scoreless period for Caldwell and Howe, but Andrew wins the ball grab again...gets the takedown and is inthe finals......make no mistake, Caldwell made him work for it and it just a tough matchup for the shorter Howe. HUGE win for Howe and will face Dake or Paulson later today for the right to face Burroughs

Carver-Hawkeye first session attendance 12,520, which they say is a record for a wrestling OTT. This really is a great location and community for this event. You can tell they are delighted to be hosting it.

One more very tall hurdle for Howe before he possibly gets the biggest, toughest test of his career so far. First things first, the Juggernaut must break Paulson

Should be another interesting match between the two.  Burrough is still growing is freestyle with an explosive athletic takedown attack against  Howe who had developed perfect position and brutal grind it out style.  JB has win in the past many times on scrambles. Lets see what a year dedicated to Olympic training has done for both of these guys.  Hopefully it's a memorable final and regardless of who wins USA Wrestling has a tough competitor for the Olympics.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.