Indy Nationals

812Fan

I fully believe that you have the right to your opinion about the tournament and you are correct, that part is non of my business, it was not my tournament and I had nothing to do with it.  But, I did know probably 75% of the kids there at the tournament whether they be from Indiana, Illinois, Ohio or Wisconsin which means their is a good chance that I know at least one of the kids that you refered to as "white trash and immoral" so I guess that would make it my business.  But whether my business or not the comment was uncalled for and of poor taste, so I asked for it to be removed.  And going by your posts, I would say that maybe you should pay a bit more attention to your morals and leave children alone.

With Love,

Brandi Cash

Let me start by saying,  that chad red and I are good friends. I along with many

Others helped put this train wreck on! I think it's funny that anyone would think

that the refs were trying to help red Cobra kids. Chad is an emotional coach and

There have certainly been times when he has been outspoken. But, the referees don't

Typically reward your wrestler the benefit of the doubt in those situations. The tournament

Started off good! After that,  everything went down hill. These things happen!!!! We (red cobra)

Have traveled to 17 different states and dozens of national tournaments and camps. They don't

always go the way you expect. I understand everyone's frustration with how the tournament

Ended up running.  But, it was a collective effort of many people and wasn't a huge success. That's

Hard too swallow but, we will do it again next year. This is what we do! We're wrestlers and

Promoters of this great sport. You stand up, you get knocked down. You stand up again!

YOU DON'T QUIT! The constructive criticism is welcomed. That's how it will get better. As far

As a grown man calling kids "white trash", that sounds a bit like "the pot calling the kettle black""!

812fan, you're welcome to work weigh-in's, table or whatever? Maybe that was our problem? I doubt it!

Coach Hunt

(317) 502-4494

I fully believe that you have the right to your opinion about the tournament and you are correct, that part is non of my business, it was not my tournament and I had nothing to do with it.  But, I did know probably 75% of the kids there at the tournament whether they be from Indiana, Illinois, Ohio or Wisconsin which means their is a good chance that I know at least one of the kids that you refered to as "white trash and immoral" so I guess that would make it my business.  But whether my business or not the comment was uncalled for and of poor taste, so I asked for it to be removed.  And going by your posts, I would say that maybe you should pay a bit more attention to your morals and leave children alone.

With Love,

Brandi Cash

I agree with you Brandi! Was also proud of Tommy over the weekend even if he beat one of my Reitz wrestlers. As far as the tourney is concerned we wont be back. My 120# wrestler weighed 118.4 and looked half the size of other wrestlers in his bracket. 4 matches in 9 hours is nuts then add in a 3 1/2 hour drive to get home..........not again!

Just to set the record straight........This tournament is part of the USA Wrestling Dominator Series and it is scheduled directly through the USA Wrestling National Office. The ISWA does not authorize this event and has no say in how it is conducted.  You should direct your complaints to the USA Wrestling national office. They are the ones who need to be aware of the changes that need to be made.  

Exactly the response expected.... it is someone else fault.  The problems at Indy Nationals are no different then problems we saw last year at ISWA state.  And they are no different than the problems many will see at a host of local ISWA tournaments this weekend.  This is the part where you step back in and say your piece about, "the ISWA only approves local tournaments, we don't tell clubs how to run them // get more involved." 

At some point the ISWA needs to actually send a delegation to Illinois, Ohio or Michigan and learn how tournaments can actually run far more efficiently.

Exactly the response expected.... it is someone else fault.  The problems at Indy Nationals are no different then problems we saw last year at ISWA state.  And they are no different than the problems many will see at a host of local ISWA tournaments this weekend.  This is the part where you step back in and say your piece about, "the ISWA only approves local tournaments, we don't tell clubs how to run them // get more involved." 

At some point the ISWA needs to actually send a delegation to Illinois, Ohio or Michigan and learn how tournaments can actually run far more efficiently.

How did this thread turn into a ISWA issue?

As the newest ISWA Board Member, I can tell you this. The folks at the ISWA work very hard to please as many of it's members as possible. They put forward a ton of thought and effort, and do not make a dime.  Is everything we do perfect?  Absolutely not. NOBODYS perfect.

I am a new face who is doing my part to help the fine folks at the ISWA. We can all get on this board and complain.... or we can do something to make things better. I see people on here saying that the INFO lady's responses are BS, and bashing our organization. But have you taken the time to sit and talk to these people? If you did, it wouldn't take long to see where their hearts are. The info lady and other ISWA members are great people that do a thankless job, to benefit our kids. ISWA meeting are open to all.

Walt, you seem to be a very passionate guy who wants the best for our youth. I assure you that the ISWA does also. You may or may not be a very busy guy. If you ever get some time, maybe you can bring us some of your ideas and time. I am sure we can all work together to make things better.

As far as Indy Nationals, you got the proper and accurate response from the ISWA. We had nothing to do with it. What would you like us to say? We are sorry that you are frustrated. I was there for 15 hours. I too wasn't walking around and skipping. But it was what it was. I just made the best of it and moved on.

With all of this said, I can assure you this. The ISWA will do it's very best to make our state tournaments the best that it can be. We can not dictate or take over local tournaments..... but if any club or local tournament director needs help, then I assure you that I or any other ISWA board member will help in any way possible.

I am sure that someone will get on here and say that this post is BS or not honest or that I am a jerk. With that said, I care about all of our wrestlers and love our sport. I hope that we can all move forward in a positive manner.

Thanks,

Matthew Brewer

ISWA Folkstyle Developmental Director

Where to start.   First, I would like to thank all of the people who helped us run our tournament ... Officials, volunteers, vendors, and Uindy wrestlers... Their efforts are very much appreciated by me.    650 kids in 70 brackets  with true second and round robin brackets makes for a lot of great wrestling action.   

We had two issues I would like to address:   

The morning session was run on ten full mats with  champ  matches streamed live on mat 1.   We went with full mats because of complaints about 40x26 foot squares.   A week before the tourney, as we were going through a final punch list I was told we couldn't have the 2nd gym from 1-5 ... That the university had scheduled a church basketball game in there.    Not happy but to late to change venues.    Not knowing how many contestants we would have my dilemma was  whether to split mats for Session 2 or run 6 fulls and reopen the other 4 at 5:30 and move brackets over.    I didn't listen to Coach Red and opted for staying on full mats ... My bad.   I am sorry.  

Issue 2.  Out of state satellite weigh ins are to be conducted by licensed officials only.   There are no faxed weigh ins.    Short answer is that it worked for 3 years, but there were a few issues this year.    Going forward we will use Mat-side weigh ins on sunday only.   Saturday weigh ins are over.   90 minutes prior to wrestling, The  first weight Class on each mat is called to the weigh in room (There will be 4 stations) ...  And weigh in off the bracket.   Wrestlers wear a singlet and shoes (about a pound) and will get a two pound allowance.    I will open 3 hours prior to wrestling and provide check scales.   Must make weight.  Weigh ins will be conducted by our officials.

If you feel the need to come by and vent in person I am working ISWA, IHSAA, and NCAA events every weekend through April.    Email me for the location nearest you.   Please stop tossing Coach Red under the bus ... Any gripes you have should be directed at the proper target, me.   We try our best and always try to make it better.  

Congratulations again to all your wrestlers.   Anyone who has the courage to go out in front of a crowd, shake hands, and go to battle has already won.

Mark Durham