Alex Griffin

ontherise219

I dont see griffin getting upset by Kelley or Venezia. He'll make it to the semis and face off against Jackson. My prediction for that match is a major decision for Jackson. it'll definitely be a good one don't get me wrong, but Jackson is just way too dominant of an opponent

Agreed. Griffin is good but we don't really know how good because of his lack of competition this year. We do know he did extremely good at Semi-State but that is it.

Just look at Griffins notable wins, he beat John Tatom of HSE whos is currently ranked fourth. He beat Jarred Lawson a returning SQ 9-0 and beat Hartman a returning state placer 8-2. I dont think Venezia or kelley would even give those guys good matches let alone win.

Agreed. Griffin is good but we don't really know how good because of his lack of competition this year. We do know he did extremely good at Semi-State but that is it.

I don't have a  clue as to how he is going to do against Jackson either, but to say he has had a lack of competition is a bit disrespectful considering he just walked out champion from the best semi state in the state.  Trust me, the conference that McCutcheon is in is excellent competition in itself.  This kid was excellent last year but lost a close one in the ticket round and IMO he is way better this year.  His top 5 ranking is legit, and I dare say he will give Jackson all he wants.  I do not see him losing his first two rounds.  I don't even think these two matches will be close.

He won't beat Jackson, he won't beat lannert, i don't think he will beat Farrell (who is on fire btw).  I saw him wrestle at Semi-state. He is good but not THAT good. He is 3rd or 4th material.

He dominated hartman who is a returning 4th placer. To say he cant compete those two is crazy. If he loses to jackson, he likly wont beat lannert tho cause chances are they wont wrestle

I'm pretty sure griffin took 2nd last spring to harvey at freestyle state at 152.  he is undefeated at 145 this year and none of his 138 matches have been close.  he walked out of Merrillville with 54 points taken and 4 given.  he has proven to be a dominant wrestler and his 1st 2 matches won't be close.  Jackson will definitely have all he can handle if not more.

I'm pretty sure griffin took 2nd last spring to harvey at freestyle state at 152.  he is undefeated at 145 this year and none of his 138 matches have been close.  he walked out of Merrillville with 54 points taken and 4 given.  he has proven to be a dominant wrestler and his 1st 2 matches won't be close.  Jackson will definitely have all he can handle if not more.

To say his first two matches wont be close is a little cocky imo...  If he wins his first two matches it wont be by more than 8 points total

To say his first two matches wont be close is a little cocky imo...  If he wins his first two matches it wont be by more than 8 points total

Definitely no disrespect to those wrestlers, at this level they're all good, just think Griffin's tough!  They will all have to prove it this weekend, it will be awesome to watch!

He won't beat Jackson, he won't beat lannert, i don't think he will beat Farrell (who is on fire btw).  I saw him wrestle at Semi-state. He is good but not THAT good. He is 3rd or 4th material.

I agree beating jackson would be upset. Im just saying that griffin is extremely good. And Im not going to say that he will destroy everyone else either but I would not be shocked if he dominated and like I said I can honestly see him beating jackson in a very tight match.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.