Laporte Sectional Updates

MOGILLIS

Who did he lose to? Was it a bad call or could he just not accept losing.

Lost to Espinosa in OT. Ref was sketchy, but that was no reason to lose. Espinosa got in on a double and Joe didn't sprawl which put him in a bad position and he couldn't hang on for a stalemate.

Yes, after looking at the other thread I think so!!....So back to the zigler situation....hard to know what happened there...but it is a reminder of how much the tourney becomes a mental challenge at the end of the year for the wrestlers.  It is much mental as physical for everyone on the competition.  Dealing with adversity, overcoming the challenge, and dealing with a tough loss all are part of the equation.

Yes, after looking at the other thread I think so!!....So back to the zigler situation....hard to know what happened there...but it is a reminder of how much the tourney becomes a mental challenge at the end of the year for the wrestlers.  It is much mental as physical for everyone on the competition.  Dealing with adversity, overcoming the challenge, and dealing with a tough loss all are part of the equation.

I think it was something along the lines of him not wanting to starve himself anymore to make the weight, but don't quote me on that. He's still a great guy to be around and he is a very good wrestler, he just had a hard time this year and had to try and overcome ALOT of adversity, with him missing roughly 1/3 of the season. He was never in the best shape (due to his absence) and I think that played a huge role in him not wanting to continue also.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.