Pound for pound best wrestlers?

Sgyorks

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tsirtsis is good, but not that good, giving up 35 pounds there is no way he could hang with Willis or Mappes, same goes for sliga. Weight can really make a difference when you give up that much, taking nothing away from Mitch or Jason they are definetly two of Indiana's best

OK 170 and up may be too big even for Tsirtsis -- but 160 is not, especially considering how he handled 3rd ranked, previously unbeaten Stevenson from Merilllville

I stand by Sliga could win all the way up to heavy

OK 170 and up may be too big even for Tsirtsis -- but 160 is not, especially considering how he handled 3rd ranked, previously unbeaten Stevenson from Merilllville

I stand by Sliga could win all the way up to heavy

Agreed!!!

Tsirtsis is good, but not that good, giving up 35 pounds there is no way he could hang with Willis or Mappes, same goes for sliga. Weight can really make a difference when you give up that much, taking nothing away from Mitch or Jason they are definetly two of Indiana's best

I think even with the weight,  sliga could pull it off at heavy, with good speed, but, he could also lose at anytime.

I think even with the weight,  sliga could pull it off at heavy, with good speed, but, he could also lose at anytime.

We are talking possible 90 pounds..with a big athletic heavy i dont think he would stand a chance once he gets underneath.  He has a signature high crotch and that involves getting under his opponent.  Maybe if we was more of an outside/low single, quick style wrestler he would fair better.  I just think that would be too much for him to handle.

We are talking possible 90 pounds..with a big athletic heavy i dont think he would stand a chance once he gets underneath.  He has a signature high crotch and that involves getting under his opponent.  Maybe if we was more of an outside/low single, quick style wrestler he would fair better.  I just think that would be too much for him to handle.

I really don't think the weight would be an issue...I think Sliga would be just fine...I've seen Cody Phillips wrestle with our heavyweight (A Semi-State Qualifier) and Cody takes him down with his speed...so if he can do it I'm sure Sliga can!

I really don't think the weight would be an issue...I think Sliga would be just fine...I've seen Cody Phillips wrestle with our heavyweight (A Semi-State Qualifier) and Cody takes him down with his speed...so if he can do it I'm sure Sliga can!

Well.. Agree to disagree I guess

Tsirtsis could definitely win 52 and 60, and maybe even 70, but 82 would probably be too much.  Sliga could win 95, 220 and 285 easily.  Also, just throwing this out there, I pinned Cody Phillips 4 years ago, so I should probably be on this list somewhere

Sliga's got way more than just a high crotch

Tsirtsis could definitely win 52 and 60, and maybe even 70, but 82 would probably be too much.  Sliga could win 95, 220 and 285 easily.  Also, just throwing this out there, I pinned Cody Phillips 4 years ago, so I should probably be on this list somewhere

cody went undefeated his freshman year , he wasnt pinned

Sliga's got way more than just a high crotch

doubtful.. hes ranked in the nation and what, a two time 3rd placer in state, he cant have more then one move, thats just crazy talk!

also

1. Tsirtsis

2. Tsirstsis' shoes

3. Sliga

4. Todd

5. Brooks

6. Fwrestler

7. Phillips

8. Ayersman

9. Y2CJ41

10. Mckinly/molloy cross breed

[quote Also, just throwing this out there, I pinned Cody Phillips 4 years ago, so I should probably be on this list somewhere

I call bulls*$#!

You guys are crazy, Tsirtis could win 52, 60 with trouble, not 70. I feel as if you arnt giving these others the credit they deserve, to think that the states best heavy could be beat by a 95er is wack

You guys are crazy, Tsirtis could win 52, 60 with trouble, not 70. I feel as if you arnt giving these others the credit they deserve, to think that the states best heavy could be beat by a 95er is wack

Tsirtsis won 16-6 against the third ranked wrestler at 160. And speed and technique can counter the strength and size when used right

Tsirtsis won 16-6 against the third ranked wrestler at 160. And speed and technique can counter the strength and size when used right

That kid is also a freshman might i add.  For any freshman the name Tsirtsis is virtually enough to beat you despite anything else.  In no way could he not compete i just dont see him beating Willis or Mappes, and he would for sure have a battle with Harvey or Underwood

That kid is also a freshman might i add.  For any freshman the name Tsirtsis is virtually enough to beat you despite anything else.  In no way could he not compete i just dont see him beating Willis or Mappes, and he would for sure have a battle with Harvey or Underwood

if you read my posts i never said anything about tsirtsis winning it that high. I do think willis would be to much for him, but i do think hed win 160, and even if the score is close i do think he controls the match. That freshmen is very much proven and for tsirtsis to major him,  says something. He still probably would place high in the state at 70

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.