Perry vs Roncalli

zachpierson

Freshman Conner James had a pretty good day for Roncalli.  He beat a tough senior Klein (Avon) 4-0, lost a very controversal OT match to #4 Bova (PM) 6-8, then beat #3 Farrell (GC) 12-5. 

I have to agree that it was questionable. I was very impressed with James.  He hung in there with Bova and almost got the takedown in OT. I cant wait to see the rematch. I think either of these two are capable of being under the lights this year. Good luck to both of them the rest of the year.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The OT call was horrible.........both wrestlers were out of bounds and neither wrestler had any control.  The very bad referee decided to take the match into his own hands and award a takedown.  Consistently bad is all this ref is and I think he really enjoys making bad calls against Roncalli.  I have always said that you have to beat the ref sometimes too.  I think this will only drive Connor and I think next time he doesn't give up back points in the first and have to battle back.  Bova is a great kid and wrestler as well, but looked to have ran out of gas in the 2nd & 3rd periods.  Can't wait to see the rematch!!!  PM is definitely  scary good (as the Big Hawaiian would say). 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.