195 fr dec

220 fr dec

285 fr dec

106 fr dec

113 fr dec

120 fr dec

126  penn dec Franklin back up

132 Penn fall franlin back up

Regan looked to be a little over 220 rhinehart was there in street clothes mamolettie we were told is jv and not sure about maggert or manspeaker

I heard Regan hurt his ankle playing football, wasn't sure if that was true or not. I'm surprised Mammolenti is JV, and I hope the rest are healthy.

Football and the weight class changes conspired to hurt Penn some.  Because of football, they have guys who can't wrestle yet (not enough practices) or are injured.  Plus, the new weight classes toss a bunch of their best guys into three weight classes (instead of 5).  Add to that Penn, I think, operates three varsity teams that go to different tournaments and its a tough read for an outsider.  And they usually don't send all their #1 guys to the same place.  Last year, especially early, they divided their #1's on different varisty teams.  I don't think people will know much about Penn's abilities this year until the Al Smith tournament.

Football and the weight class changes conspired to hurt Penn some.  Because of football, they have guys who can't wrestle yet (not enough practices) or are injured.  Plus, the new weight classes toss a bunch of their best guys into three weight classes (instead of 5).  Add to that Penn, I think, operates three varsity teams that go to different tournaments and its a tough read for an outsider.  And they usually don't send all their #1 guys to the same place.  Last year, especially early, they divided their #1's on different varisty teams.  I don't think people will know much about Penn's abilities this year until the Al Smith tournament.

Penn sent it's number one team to Franklin and the 2nd team went to Lake Central.

Penn sent it's number one team to Franklin and the 2nd team went to Lake Central.

This is probably true , but when your without 4 state qualifiers , your going to struggle against elite teams . I don't see anyone beating Perry regardless , but I believe Penn beats Franklin with it's full lineup .

Is this a common practice for a team to split into two different squads and wrestle in two different tournaments? I have never heard of this. Why wouldn't a Warren Central, Carmel, or Penn split up their football teams and play different varsity teams? Could Penn or any of these big schools conceivably take their JV teams and put them in a small school conferences? Does a win over one of the JV Penn kids in the Lake Central Invite count for a varsity win on a varsity record? It wasn't a varsity win? Just curious how all these scenarios play out. Like I said, I never have heard of this before. Does this happen in other sports?

Is this a common practice for a team to split into two different squads and wrestle in two different tournaments? I have never heard of this. Why wouldn't a Warren Central, Carmel, or Penn split up their football teams and play different varsity teams? Could Penn or any of these big schools conceivably take their JV teams and put them in a small school conferences? Does a win over one of the JV Penn kids in the Lake Central Invite count for a varsity win on a varsity record? It wasn't a varsity win? Just curious how all these scenarios play out. Like I said, I never have heard of this before. Does this happen in other sports?

Penn has had what they call 2 varsity teams for several years now. Penn's 2nd varsity team has done very well in varsity tournaments so IMO individual matches should be counted as a varsity win/loss. This is not a split team it is Penn's second team. Coach Harper and his staff do an outstanding job of getting all of his kids matches.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.