Crown Point Dominates at Stagg

DuneFan

CP had 8 wrestlers in the finals and all 8 won.  CP had 277.5 points and the

second place team, which was Andrew, had 124 points.  The winners were:

106-Ervin,  `113 Darden Schurg,  120  Josh Fuqua,  !26 Trevor Burllison,

132  Cameron Halsted,  145 Jason Tsirtsis(*named Outstanding Wrestler), 160

Dusty Schurg and 220  Tyler Schurg.  #rd place finishers were:  152 Jake Fuqua, 

170  Jacob Hazi,  182  Morgan Kral,  4th  285  Josh Swope and 5th 138  Tyler Burlison.

CP had 8 wrestlers in the finals and all 8 won.  CP had 277.5 points and the

second place team, which was Andrew, had 124 points.  The winners were:

106-Ervin,  `113 Darden Schurg,  120  Josh Fuqua,  !26 Trevor Burllison,

132  Cameron Halsted,  145 Jason Tsirtsis(*named Outstanding Wrestler), 160

Dusty Schurg and 220  Tyler Schurg.  #rd place finishers were:  152 Jake Fuqua, 

170  Jacob Hazi,  182  Morgan Kral,  4th  285  Josh Swope and 5th 138  Tyler Burlison.

Although there are, have been, or will be 4-5 outstanding wrestlers at Crown Point named Schurg, I'm pretty sure yesterday's winner at 220 was probably Tyler Kral, and not Tyler Schurg  ;)

Nice job Dogs!

Why does CP go to an out-of-state tournament that seems a tad low on the challenge scale by their standards?  A 153-point tournament win projects to a 50-point dual win--against the #2 team in the tournament.  CP is very strong again this year, but even so, this seems a bit low-quality to warrant heading out of state, doesn't it?  Is there some connection or rationale behind the scenes?  (Just curious by the way...I don't have any follow-up agenda in the question.)

This makes 6 years in a row.  I'm sorry Mr. Barnett.  I should have said Tyler Kral, not

Tyler Schurg.  Anyone that knows the Schurg family knows that all of their boys (50f them, all

have first names starting with "D".  If you still not too old to get down on your knees to

watch for back points or a pin I'll be sure to criticize you as well.lol.  It was a long day and I

wanted to get it posted to the board and send it to the Times and Tribune.  I noticed the article

I wrote did get put in the times, with a few of their modifications.  I sent it to the Times with

a copy to the Post, but apparently they don't work as late at the Post.  Hope to see you along

the wrestling circles (sitting in the stands).

Crown Point has been going to Stagg at least 25 years.  Coach Vlink graduated from

Libertyville, which is where the connection comes from I believe.  CP won it in 1987

and hadn't won it again until this last string of 6.  Libertyville dropped out after CP won

if my memory serves me right.  The decision to go there in the first place besides the

connection was for better competition.  They still do have quite a few state placers and

qualifiers there but apparently the teams aren't as deep a they used to be.

I thought I had already posted this  addition to a prior post, but it doesn't show

so I am doing it again.  When I stated earlier that Libertyville dropped out of

Stagg after CP won, I didn't mean after they won in 1987.  It was after they started

this current streak of championships.  Homewood Flossmoor was also a school that used to participate,

among others. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.