HHC Duals

Taco Bell

What do some of the team match ups and individual matches are we looking forward to seeing? I am looking forward to the Friday night matches of Floyd Central vs Jeffersonville. Jeff had a great showing at the Capital City and should dominate these duals. Jennings County should be in the hunt and give Floyd and Jeff all they can handle and then some.  Don't know what all Columbus East is bringing this year but they always wrestle hard. Seymore won a good one against Bloomington North so they are off to a good start. BNL, New Albany and Madison i'm sure have thier teams ready to go. Look forward to watch some good wrestling this weekend and see who has the team to beat! Good luck to all!

1. Jeff

2 F.C.

3. Jennings County

4. Columbus East

5. Seymore

6.  New Albany

7. Madison

8. BNL

Sorry these are not my predictions. I was just listing the teams!

What do some of the team match ups and individual matches are we looking forward to seeing? I am looking forward to the Friday night matches of Floyd Central vs Jeffersonville. Jeff had a great showing at the Capital City and should dominate these duals. Jennings County should be in the hunt and give Floyd and Jeff all they can handle and then some.  Don't know what all Columbus East is bringing this year but they always wrestle hard. Seymore won a good one against Bloomington North so they are off to a good start. BNL, New Albany and Madison i'm sure have thier teams ready to go. Look forward to watch some good wrestling this weekend and see who has the team to beat! Good luck to all!

1. Jeff

2 F.C.

3. Jennings County

4. Columbus East

5. Seymore

6.  New Albany

7. Madison

8. BNL

I hope you make it to watch, because I think some teams might surprise you :) just sayin'

I'll be there! Like I stated those are not prediction just a list of the teams. I also do think that a lot of those teams will surprise people. Even ones out of the conference! There are some good teams in it this year and I wouldn't miss it!

ranked teams from Indianamat.com  #15 Jeff, #17 Jennings County, Columbus East

Ranked individuals

#4 Alonzo Shepherd ? Jeff ? Senior - 113

#7 Terrance Kennedy ? FC ? Junior ? 113

#12 Tim Shuler ? CE ? Senior ? 145

#15 Zach Adams ? Madison ? 152

#15 Brent Browner ? Jeff ? 160

#15 Brandon Marlin ? Jeff ? 170

#6 Brock Wathen ? JCHS ? 182

#14 Elijah Curtley ? Jeff ? 195

#4 Iyan Bass ? JCHS - 220

Also ?

In our Auxilary gym we will be hosting a JV HHC Duals

8thAnnual

Hoosier Hills Conference (HHC) Team Duals

Wrestling Championships

December 2nd and 3rd 2011

December 2nd Southern HHC @ Floyd Central

Weigh-ins: 5:30 pm Wrestle: 6:00pm

Round I Mat I ? Floyd Central vs. Jeffersonville

Mat II ? Madison vs. New Albany

Round II Mat I ? Floyd Central vs. New Albany

Mat II ? Jeffersonville vs. Madison

JV JV Matches will be paired up on mat III

December 2nd Northern HHC @ TBA ? determined by Northern Teams

Weigh-ins: 5:30pm Wrestle: 6:00pm

Round I Mat I ? Jennings County vs. Seymour

Mat II ? Bedford vs. Columbus East

Round II Mat I ? Columbus East vs. Jennings County

Mat II ?Bedford vs. Seymour

JV JV Matches will be paired up on mat III

December 3rd HHC @ Jeffersonville

Weigh-ins: 8:00am Wrestle 9:00am

JV JV matches will be wrestled in the auxiliary gym on 2-3 mats.

Round I Mat I ? Jeffersonville vs. Seymour

Mat II ? Bedford vs. Madison

Mat III ? Floyd Central vs. Jennings County

Mat IV ? Columbus East vs. New Albany

Round II Mat I ? Jeffersonville vs. New Albany

Mat II ? Floyd Central vs. Madison

Mat III ? Bedford vs. Jennings County

Mat IV ? Columbus East vs. Seymour

Round III Mat I ? Jeffersonville vs. Bedford

Mat II ? Madison vs. Seymour

Mat III ? Columbus East vs. Floyd Central

Mat IV ? Jennings County vs. New Albany

Round IV Mat I ? Jeffersonville vs. Jennings County

Mat II ? Columbus East vs. Madison

Mat III ? Bedford vs. Floyd Central

Mat IV ? New Albany vs. Seymour

Round V Mat I ? Jeffersonville vs. Columbus East

Mat II ? Jennings County vs. Madison

Mat III ? Floyd Central vs. Seymour

Mat IV ?  Bedford vs. New Albany

One matchup that is really going to be a barnburner will be the Jeff and J.C. also I think Floyd and C.E. will be fun to watch.  It seems as if the HHC gets stronger every year, always great wrestling.  Good luck to all

The time is near, so its time for some predictions!

The HHC looks to be very strong in the top and middle. Based on returning wrestlers from last year and results from early in the season, I predict:

1. Jennings County is at the top of the list. They should have the most solid line-up if they returned everyone.

2. Jeff has been on top for about four years, but looks to be weaker in a few weight classes than the past couple of years. They are built for tournaments.

3. Floyd Central should have a lot of sophomores and juniors contributing this year. They are right behind Jeff and should give them a good match.

4. I know Columbus East lost a lot of seniors but still should be strong.

5. Seymour is competing well early on but they haven't seen HHC competition yet. Toss up with Seymour and Madison for 5th.

6. Madison looks like they have a good young team again behind Adams.

7. New Albany will give up several points with forfeits. They do have a couple of strong contenders though.

8. BNL. Christmas came early with football sectional gift but don't see it happening on the mat.

Obviously in a dual tournament there will be some surprises based on how individual teams match up, but I look for this to be the general order of the records at the end of the day. Friday and Saturday should both be worth the price of admission.

NA has no forfeits in weight classes this year. Might surprise a few in some classes. Jamison at 126, Peavler 120, Lesor at 220, Lynch at 106, Lynch at 195 at Lee at 182> All in all the team is very young this year. Alot of first year wrestlers. Team is just wanting to get better. Excellent coaches in Burres, Binkley and Lynch. Tim Martin has been coming in and working with a few wrestlers to make them better. 

NA has no forfeits in weight classes this year. Might surprise a few in some classes. Jamison at 126, Peavler 120, Lesor at 220, Lynch at 106, Lynch at 195 at Lee at 182> All in all the team is very young this year. Alot of first year wrestlers. Team is just wanting to get better. Excellent coaches in Burres, Binkley and Lynch. Tim Martin has been coming in and working with a few wrestlers to make them better. 

I thought I saw some ffts on the results page. If there are no ffts NA will compete with Madison and Seymour for 5th. They always have 2 or 3 that will go out there and knock some guys around.

At Floyd Central, Jeff and FC had a heck of a match that came down to a one point win by FC. Someone said FC had 3 straters out of the line-up as well! They looked very impressive.

Madison looked to be much improved. New Albany had a lot of young kids in the line up that will only improve. Saturday will be interesting.

How did the other half go?

Jennings over Seymour and East.  They looks solid through most of the line up, but did have several close matches.

East beats Bedford lost to JC. They have some tough guys but the youth/inexperience does show against an established lineup.  A few FF too.

Seymour lost to JC and  beat Bedford. Same exact story as East.

Bedford lost to East and Seymour.  They have a few solid wrestlers that can compete, but many are still new to the sport and will develop more as the year progresses.

Sounds like we could have some relatively even duals Saturday.  Matchups and bonus points will definitely be a factor that could make some matches close and others a blow out.

What were the match results on the southern end?

So who WON the duals?   Jen. Co?  Jeff?  F.C??

I'm not sure there was a winner. Jeff beat JC by the biggest margin, but that just comes down to match-ups. I'll be honest, I didn't see that any of the teams were top 20 material at this point in the season. All had some holes that will cost against strong teams. Based on technique and attitude, Floyd Central looks like they are back. If that is the case, I'll bet on them improving the most come HHC tournament time and winning the whole thing.

I think it will go like this:

Floyd Central

Jennings County

Jeffersonville

Columbus East

Madison

New Albany

Seymour

BNL

There was lots of strategy going on and kids being bumped around. That makes it hard to really predict the tourney. 

Early season weights, injuries, sickness, and grade issues also played a factor on several teams during the duals.  I'd say we will see a few of the teams with a few roster shifts by the time Individual Conference occurs.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.