Please Help Joe Kieffer Beat Down This Opponent Called Cancer

Infolady

Recently, the ISWA received an email (see below) from Riley McClurg requesting support from the wrestling community in his effort to raise money for medical expenses for Joe Kieffer to assist in his fight against Leukemia. Riley's request was forwarded to clubs throughout the state and to date, Huntington, Crown Point and Centerville have joined him in his efforts. I would ask other clubs and teams throughout Indiana to please contact Riley and show your support for the Kieffer family.    

To whom it may concern:

My name is Riley McClurg, and I am the originator of the "GO JOE!" bracelets. Joe Kieffer used to be my cross-town school rival, and now I'm proud to say not only is he my dear friend, but he is my hero and someone I look up to. The Kieffer brothers have been the best friends a teenage boy could have. They've always been there for me.

I will never forget receiving the phone call from Justin Kieffer on July 15th, giving to me what seemed to be the worst news I have ever received. Joe had been diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia. It was like a bad dream, I could not believe it. Just two weeks earlier I had seen Joe at Disney Duals doing what he loved most, wrestling. Because of this life-threatening disease, Joe will have to sit out his senior wrestling season to beat down this opponent called cancer.

Joe has taught me monumental life lessons. Whenever I think I have it tough, I think of my brother, Joe, who is in the toughest wrestling match of his life. My dream is to have every wrestler in the state of Indiana wearing a "GO JOE!" bracelet. To me, wrestling is a brotherhood. I want to prove this to everyone by having us all come together for our fellow brother, Joe Kieffer.

All of the proceeds go to the Joe Kieffer fund and the Kieffer family. I appreciate your time, and I hope you will team up with me to capture this dream!

The bracelets are $2/each. Please email your order to mcclurgfamily@msn.com or to riley.mcclurg@gmail.com and specify how many bracelets you would like to order. Let?s lift up Joe Kieffer and his family by showing them how much love and support they have from their Indiana wrestling family!

God Bless,

Riley McClurg

• 1 month later...

I would like to thank everyone from the bottom of my heart for purchasing GO JOE! bracelets and supporting Joe and the Kieffer Family. I am still selling the wristbands and we have plenty in stock. I want to give a special shout out to these wrestling clubs across the state that are helping Joe beat down this opponent called cancer:

Penn High School

Perry Meridian High School

Centerville High School

Lawrence North High School

Bremen High School

Roncalli High School

Crown Point High School

Huntington North High School

Beech Grove High School

I would also like to thank all of the wrestling fans that have purchased GO JOE! bracelets at either the Capital City Classic or at the Franklin Invitational this past weekend. I am still taking orders and you can place your orders at riley.mcclurg@gmail.com. Please keep Joe and the Kieffer family in your thoughts and prayers while Joe continues to battle cancer. Every bracelet is a reminder to Joe that the Indiana wrestling community has his back.

God Bless,

Riley McClurg

Our club was closed down four years ago. 

But I have a former wrestler son that fought his way through cancer too. 

Where can those of us that love Wrestling and respect life, especially of others in the wrestling community, go to help out?

• 3 weeks later...

Permission has been given by the Connersville Athletic Director, Pam Noble, for the "GO JOE" bracelets to be sold during the Spartan Classic in Connersville, Indiana the 28th and 29th of December. We have been trying to reach Riley McClurg to see if he still has bracelets available to be sold, and whether he would be able to attend the classic to do so. We thought it would be a good opportunity to raise money for Joe since Roncalli participates in this tournament. If this is a go, please let me know as soon as possible. We will make sure a table is available, and an announcement will be read to help boost sales.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.