Congrats to Bobby Howard- Lowell High School

Coach Willmann

Congrats to Bobby Howard.  Lowell High Schools new Head Wrestling Coach.  I have stepped down to Assistant Coach for Bobby as I have taken a new job in our school corporation that is taking much more of my time.  Bobby was a state champion for Lowell in 2000 and was one of my assistants for the last 3 years.  He is a standup guy and I'm excited for him to lead our Red Devils!

Joe Willmann

Congratulations to Bobby! Great wrestler and friend! I still give him a hard time about having the country's fastest pin at 3 seconds.  Coach Howard will do a great job at Lowell as a hometown hero and another region guy with gobs of credentials and experience.  Best wishes Red Devils!

I still give him a hard time about having the country's fastest pin at 3 seconds.  

There is no way the reff had time to slap down a 1-2-3 count that quickly.  Some it take Earl Hebner a good 10 seconds to get that done if the guy doesn't kick out first.  ;D

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSub6VM-FZTj2j4J3lBmXt13Qe3hQtZQrx3jnPXTI3Bo9qNWc2WMw

Since Bobby has been hired as the Head Coach, I feel the need to share this story with you all...

Years ago (when Bobby was a 5th or 6th grader) I went over to Valpo to watch the varsity wrestle at the Valpo Super Duals. It was always our first action of the season back then. I remember walking next to a friend that traveled to the duals with me and we looked over and saw two little guys rolling around in street clothes.  One of the boys was just unbelievable at how crisp his moves were and how he wrestled. This little tyke looked like a schooled college wrestler. I walked over to the two boys and stated "you are really good, what's your name?". The little guy replied, "Bobby Howard and I am going to be a state champ one day".  I was just taken aback by this kids wrestling prowess at such a young age plus he had confidence! LOL.

Bobby was part of one of Lowell's best classes, one that captured the Coaches' Trophy his senior year.  I loved watching Bobby wrestle and of course, he became a state champ!

Congratulations Coach Howard! ...and yes, I am indeed getting old! LOL

In regards to his 3 second pin, if he tells it, the kid came out in tennis shoes (bless his heart) and simply fell down...and THAT is why he gets a hard time from me. lol...either way, it's in the record books.  Howard is awesome!  He actually told me Andrew Howe, when he was in 8th grade, was going to be one of the best to ever wrestle in Indiana as well - and we've seen how that turned out.  Again, congrats Coach Howard and to Lowell!

I think that Bobby is going to do a really good job at Lowell.  I think they are going to be throwing a lot of headlocks.  Seriously though, that guy knows his wrestling, Lowell is going to be a force in the region for several years to come.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.