Toughest National High School Tournament

I would say Fargo is the toughest and has the edge over the Super 32 only because they have better quality at 160+.  The Super 32 has some unreal weight classes, especially at the lower and middle weights.  The next three toughest would probably be NHSCA nationals, Flo and USAW Folkstyle Nationals in that order.  It is hard to judge NHSCA vs. Flo because NHSCA is broken down by school year, while Flo is all inclusive.  Flo and NHSCA both have tough weight classes and not as tough weight classes and are close with NHSCA having a slight edge because it carries some more prestige.

Some other top events that have some great competition are FILA Cadets(age 15-17 years old) and FILA Juniors(18-20 year olds).  Remember Stevan Micic placed 5th(I think) at FILA Cadets and won Cadets at Fargo.  Also you can add in tournaments like Cadet Duals and Junior Duals which has some very tough competition and a good deal with guaranteed matches compared to Fargo.  There are a lot of other "nationals" that have been emerging each and every year, but none have yet to make much more than an impact on their immediate geographic region.

I may be extremely wrong on this but isn't Flo a recent tournament, within the last few years?  They are all really tough.  It just depends on what you consider more difficult freestyle or folkstyle.  But Fargo just has that lore.  So I am going to give the edge to Fargo.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.