Team Hyway would like to thank the Contenders Academy

movinlikemj

Big thanks go out to the Contenders wrestling academy for allowing the HYWAY elementery team to use their new facility for practice today. The team was also fortunate enough to have Head coach, Ryan Parrish, lead the first session with the team coach, Bryan Bailey, leading the second session. We would also like to thank all the team parents and HYWAY for helping us get this team together. We are looking forward to this weekend and a successful fall and winter dual season.

Big thanks go out to the Contenders wrestling academy for allowing the HYWAY elementery team to use their new facility for practice today. The team was also fortunate enough to have Head coach, Ryan Parrish, lead the first session with the team coach, Bryan Bailey, leading the second session. We would also like to thank all the team parents and HYWAY for helping us get this team together. We are looking forward to this weekend and a successful fall and winter dual season.

My son was Hyway State Champ (11-12 yr. old/90 lb.).  If you need any help, let me know.  He would love to wrestle with your team.  (tmontatty@gmail.com)

Good luck this weekend in Michigan. Carson is bummed that he will have to miss it (with a broken thumb). He will be back in three more weeks.  It should be a blast this weekend. Best of luck to all Indiana teams. The Brewers

To answer the questions below. Not sure who is going for Carson and the team was put together by a group of parents and coaches. Andy is helping them out. Thus team HYWAY.

I  am actually the guy that put the "HYWAY"  team together, not Bryan Bailey. He is an old friend of mine that was good enough to help. The majority of the team was put together long before HYWAY was even asked if they would like to help sponser.  Although most of the wrestlers do wrestle HYWAY, HYWAY was only a sponsor. HYWAY was good enough to help with a donation and we were not at all totally funded by HYWAY, far from it. But I felt  since they were good enough to help we would call ourselves "Team HYWAY". I was also able to get some small donations from other sources to help keep the cost down for the wrestlers families.  The team was really just a group of friends that got together and decided to put a team together to wrestle some dual meets. Many of us have been friends for years and thought it would be alot of fun for our boys to get to wrestle together as a team. I am not sure how the high school HYWAY team was chosen that participated this weekend.  I hope this answers any questions that may come up. HYWAY was only one of our  sponsers and had nothing to do with choosing the team members.  We as parents did that. We would like to thank HYWAY for their donation and all the other people and  businesses that helped make donations to our team. It was a fantastic weekend.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.