Officiating Siddons- Neff match

ENoblewrestling

I don't disagree with your idea but you have seen enough wrestling to know that stalls don't get called everytime a guy isn't trying to improve his position on top.  He was warned once in the last 15 seconds.  Are you saying that evertime a stalemate is called in positions like that it should be a stalling warning instead?

Isn't the definition of stalemate basically that neither guy can improve his position. So if the ref was talking about this being a potential stalemate situation if there was more time, maybe he saw it as Siddons was unable to improve his position.

He could have attempted to finish the single leg and he did not even try, he was just holding on.  That is the definition of stalling.  If he was even faintly attempting to finish I wouldn't call stalling, but he just dropped to the leg and was not trying to improve. 

Final note, he had a chance to win the match and is lucky the ref gave Neff an escape and not a reversal.  He was in deep on a shot in overtime and could have finished, but did not.

What did you want the officials to do?  They gave a stalling warning, obviously the top wrestler continued to stall. Bottom wrestler was attempting a reversal, in order to give a penalty point to bottom wrestler for top man stalling the match would have had to been stopped. Thus maybe stopping the potential reversal in progress. The only call that could be made was loss of control by top man therefore  1 point  escape- end of time. Good call by the officials ! It was the only call they could make. :)

What did you want the officials to do?  They gave a stalling warning, obviously the top wrestler continued to stall. Bottom wrestler was attempting a reversal, in order to give a penalty point to bottom wrestler for top man stalling the match would have had to been stopped. Thus maybe stopping the potential reversal in progress. The only call that could be made was loss of control by top man therefore  1 point  escape- end of time. Good call by the officials ! It was the only call they could make. :)

The match does not have to be stopped to award a point for stalling. The point is awarded and action continues. Once action is stopped for any reason the official should notify both wrestlers of the call requardless of weather they heard it during action or not.

Slick, I may be wrong but I believe that if stalling is called on the Top wrestler the rule calls for wrestling to be stopped.  The intent to give the bottom wrestler a fresh start out of any "stalling" type of hold. 

We need an official interpertation.....I am sure it will come!

He could have attempted to finish the single leg and he did not even try, he was just holding on.  That is the definition of stalling.  If he was even faintly attempting to finish I wouldn't call stalling, but he just dropped to the leg and was not trying to improve. 

Final note, he had a chance to win the match and is lucky the ref gave Neff an escape and not a reversal.  He was in deep on a shot in overtime and could have finished, but did not.

Im pretty sure one of Y2's wrestlers successfully pulled this off multiple times at the Carroll sectional semi-final against the "Busco bad boy".  Anyone else recall?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.