Jarred Brooks AKA Superman

headlock83

OMG This kid is unbelievable.  Might be the most powerful 112 pounder I have ever seen in my 40 years around the sport.  He looked unstoppable yesterday.  After watching him avenge a loss to Petrov in Merrillville championship match, I think he can win a state title.  I realize that Phillips and now the kid that beat Phillips might have something to say about the matter, but I think I'll let it ride on Brooks. Besides, he seems like a neat kid.  Best of luck to him.  On a side note, I thought young Petrov conducted himself like a gentleman and true sportsman in his first defeat on the year.  I bet he shows up on Friday with fire in his eyes!  I would hate to be his first round opponent.

Brooks vs Petrov was the best match at the yesterdays Merrillville Semi-State.....

I have to admit as a region guy i was pulling for Petrov but wow what a match.

Two fantastic wrestlers who probably have a nice college career ahead of them.  Top 4 at 112 may be the best 4 in the state!  Phillips, Todd, Petrov and Brooks. 

Not quite sure I would call him super man though! :P

OMG This kid is unbelievable.  Might be the most powerful 112 pounder I have ever seen in my 40 years around the sport.  He looked unstoppable yesterday.  After watching him avenge a loss to Petrov in Merrillville championship match, I think he can win a state title.  I realize that Phillips and now the kid that beat Phillips might have something to say about the matter, but I think I'll let it ride on Brooks. Besides, he seems like a neat kid.  Best of luck to him.  On a side note, I thought young Petrov conducted himself like a gentleman and true sportsman in his first defeat on the year.  I bet he shows up on Friday with fire in his eyes!  I would hate to be his first round opponent.

Well, not saying Brooks can't win, but he has a very tough road.  He would have to beat Price who is a very solid wrestler, then Phillips, and if he won that my guess is he would have to wrestle Mason Todd who is probably the biggest 112 I have ever witnessed, and whom he has never beaten.  Brooks needs to have the best matches of his life on Saturday if he wants that title.

Never said he was the biggest.  I said he was the most powerful.  I don't know who said it but I would agree that the Griffith kid is huge for a 112 pounder.  I also understand the differences between 103 and 112, Brooks beat Petrov, and Petrov was a runner up last year at103.  I'm just saying for this Todd/Phillips rematch to occur, they will have to get by these two first which in my opinion, will not be an easy task.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.