Class Change

the situation

What are the chances that Mishawaka paid off the Fort Wayne Community School board to close Elmhurst.  ;D  That decision single-handedly bumped South Side and Wayne ahead of Mishawaka, putting them in 4A and out of Penn's sectional. I am sure that is welcome news for their fans.

Norwell jumped from 3A to 4A, so Bellmont does not see them at sectional anymore either.

It is also interesting to see how big of a jump Anderson made after their consolidation. They went from a 4A school to being the 12th biggest school in Indiana.

What are the chances that Mishawaka paid off the Fort Wayne Community School board to close Elmhurst.  ;D  That decision single-handedly bumped South Side and Wayne ahead of Mishawaka, putting them in 4A and out of Penn's sectional. I am sure that is welcome news for their fans.

Norwell jumped from 3A to 4A, so Bellmont does not see them at sectional anymore either.

It is also interesting to see how big of a jump Anderson made after their consolidation. They went from a 4A school to being the 12th biggest school in Indiana.

Don't be surprised if Mishawaka decides to stay 5A

How is that possible?

Isn't it a 64 team tournament? If they elect to stay 5A, does the bottom team get bumped down into the 4A tourney?

I was unaware that this was allowed.

It is allowed and yes the lowest enrollment will bump down.  Indy Scecina did a few years back

It is allowed and yes the lowest enrollment will bump down.  Indy Scecina did a few years back

Very interesting. Thanks for the info, I learn something new on here every day.

I actually saw that the dividing line was actually at 63 schools, so that may be a hint Karl that they are staying in 5A and they are the 64th team.

That means according to the Y2/Karl theory, Mishawaka can now shrug off any defeat they receive from the hands of Penn because they are now in a lower class. Because as we all know, those schools that are in a lower class just can't compete with the schools from a higher class. ::)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.