Kieffer Vs Mckinley

You here that alot from fans of the loosing wrestlers, Jared put up 4 or 5 pts right? I hate seeing officals change the way they call a match just because a wrestler is in the lead. A good wrestler will stay active look busy without putting himself at risk or in poor position, and that is not stalling. Backing off the mat continusly blocking with your head, or avoiding action is stalling. Which did Jared do? I did not see it , but do know how he wrestles as I have watched him for years and stalling is something I've not seen him do. ::)

I thought it was a very good match between the two. Kieffer pushed most of the action and Mckinley scored off of counters. The only problem I had with the match was in the third period. IMO Mckinley should have been hit for fleeing the mat and a point awarded to Kieffer, which would have tied the match at 3-3. And even after that point in the match, Mckinley was three feet off the mat. The ref should have blown his whistle and brought the kids back to the middle to reset with the score being 3-2 in favor of Mckinley. That was my only complaint. Great match though and can't wait to see it again next week.

That was not fleeing the mat. McKinley was attempting to get away and they just happened to be wrestling at the edge. It could have happened anywhere on the mat. Kieffer likes to wrestle on the edge, so McKinley didn't have  a lot of options in my opinion. Great job Jared!

That was not fleeing the mat. McKinley was attempting to get away and they just happened to be wrestling at the edge. It could have happened anywhere on the mat. Kieffer likes to wrestle on the edge, so McKinley didn't have  a lot of options in my opinion. Great job Jared!

McKinley was the one that went to the edge of the mat every time. And as I said ealier that since the ref didn't call fleeing the mat, he should have blown his whistle and stopped the action and brought them both back to the middle.

That was not fleeing the mat. McKinley was attempting to get away and they just happened to be wrestling at the edge. It could have happened anywhere on the mat.

You're right it could have happened anywhere, but it didn't. It happened on the edge, and McKinley should have been hit for fleeing the mat.

I watched the match and McKinley did stall. Keifer should have been awarded a point when McKinley fled the mat. If that would have occured the take down would not have happened because the would have been brought back to the center of the mat. In saying that, the takedown was questionable anyway. Some refs would have said they were out. Very poor officiating.

In sayiong that. This was neither wrestlers fault. They both wrestled an awsome match and both of their heads should be held high. I look forward to another rematch.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.