Caleb Spires

{s jimtownteamregional2011}

Xspr

IHSAA TEAM WRESTLING REGIONAL

At Jimtown High School

Wednesday, Feb. 9, 2011

CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH

PENN 37, JIMTOWN 25

103: Zach Davis (P) pinned Bronson Metcalf, 0:45.

112: Sarah Hildebrandt (P) pinned Cody Koebel, 4:54.

119: Jacob Davis (P) maj. dec. Dominic Garrett, 14-5.

125: Nick Crume (J) maj. dec. Tyler Chapple, 13-3.

130: Collin Crume (J) tech fall Greg Wyland, 16-1 in 5:47.

135: Alex Gregory (P) pinned Emelio Forrest, 1:53.

140: Danny Ginter (P) dec. Zach Slough, 5-2.

145: Grant Anglemyer (P) dec. Zach Myers, 5-2.

152: Mike Hummer (P) dec. Matt Hill, 3-0.

160: Casey Adams (J) pinned Phillip Treely, 4:45.

171: Brandon Weinkauf (J) maj. dec. David Stevens, 11-3.

189: Tanner Adams (J) dec. Mike Ham, 6-3.

215: Dustin Chafin (J) dec. Devin Reagan, 3-2.

285: Kade Maggart (P) dec. Eric Forrest, 5:50.

Varsity records: Penn 22-4, Jimtown 26-1

What a match!

Congratulations to Penn!

Jimtown really came to wrestle and these finals were as about as exciting as it possibly could have been!

Hats off to both teams for the outstanding efforts of the wrestlers and coaching staffs!

Am I missing something? Have you seen both of these teams wrestle? It is not even close. I will buy your ticket to Conseco and pay for your gas there and back if you think Penn only wins by nine (if both teams wrestle full strength).

I will give you Jimtown at 125 and 130 for both Crumes, and Weinkauf at 171 and Forrest at HWT, but where do you think they will pick up enough points to score 25?

With a major from Brandon Weinkauf and Nick Crume, tech from Collin Crume, pin from Casey Adams, and decisions from Tanner Adams and Dustin Chafin.

As a Penn fan , I've seen Jimtown a couple of times now . The first time at the Penn Superdual . They were easily a top 15 team then and now . They are probably the most underated team in the state .

As a Penn fan , I've seen Jimtown a couple of times now . The first time at the Penn Superdual . They were easily a top 15 team then and now . They are probably the most underated team in the state .

Agreed.  A 31-28 dual if Forrest doesn't try a jump over cradle in the last 15 seconds.  Great effort by a kid giving himself up for the team.

Agreed.  A 31-28 dual if Forrest doesn't try a jump over cradle in the last 15 seconds.  Great effort by a kid giving himself up for the team.

Exactly! It was a go for broke move for sure. If it would have worked and the teams tied at 31-31, who would have won?

I believe Penn would of won regardless on criteria .

Yeah. As it turns out, even if Jimtown had tied the score, Penn would have won the contest on criteria. The Kingsmen had more falls (four) than the Jimmies (one). It sure was an exciting match-up, that's for sure!

I think the absolute best case scenerio happened for Jimtown last night . Having a Penn JV wrestle at 130 , giving Jimtown a tech fall instead of a regular decision . The Hwt match would not have mattered . Great dual to watch .

I think the absolute best case scenerio happened for Jimtown last night . Having a Penn JV wrestle at 130 , giving Jimtown a tech fall instead of a regular decision . The Hwt match would not have mattered . Great dual to watch .

I disagree somewhat.  If the Jimtown kid at 112 doesn't get pinned (it was a 2-2 match in the 3rd) it still comes down to HWT if Manspeaker wrestles. 

Congrats to Penn.  Great coaching battle in the final.  You could tell Jimtown knew that they could win that match from the first whistle to the last.  Don't underestimate the program they have.  Strategies played out very well.

Congrats to Sara!  I hear there are plenty of offers for next year to continue in college and/or in freestyle. 

I disagree somewhat.  If the Jimtown kid at 112 doesn't get pinned (it was a 2-2 match in the 3rd) it still comes down to HWT if Manspeaker wrestles.  

Theres always going to be ifs . What if Penns 160 doesnt get caught and Pinned and just gives up a decision , he was leading the match in the 2nd period . Or what if Stevens of Penn just takes a decision loss at 171 . Instead the score was 6-3 in the 3rd and he was clearly the aggressor( in that last period) , he had just taken the Jimtown wrestler down and was looking for more . Big mistake , as he was thrown to his back for a 5 point move , and a major decision . Should not have given up that bonus point . See what I mean about ifs .

Theres always going to be ifs . What if Penns 160 doesnt get caught and Pinned and just gives up a decision , he was leading the match in the 2nd period . Or what if Stevens of Penn just takes a decision loss at 171 . Instead the score was 6-3 in the 3rd and he was clearly the aggressor( in that last period) , he had just taken the Jimtown wrestler down and was looking for more . Big mistake , as he was thrown to his back for a 5 point move , and a major decision . Should not have given up that bonus point . See what I mean about ifs .

You said if Manspeaker wrestled, it would be different.  I was just playing along.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.